Exclusive Offer: Save 40% On EaseUS Data Recovery Software

Another pointless thread

jeallen01

Link Posted 27/12/2018 - 21:18
Gwyn wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Mike-P"]Just walked in the back door after visiting my wifes aunt for a couple of hours.

I left the remains of the turkey on the worktop covered in foil (a GOOD half of the bird) but hadn't given Finlay the dog a thought ......

No turkey curry for me this year.

BAD doggie !
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

jeallen01

Link Posted 27/12/2018 - 21:37
Mike-P wrote:
Just walked in the back door after visiting my wifes aunt for a couple of hours.

I left the remains of the turkey on the worktop covered in foil (a GOOD half of the bird) but hadn't given Finlay the dog a thought ......

BAD doggie!
OOPS - looks like I made a duplicate post
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 27/12/2018 - 21:38

bforbes

Link Posted 27/12/2018 - 21:54
Gwyn wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
Just walked in the back door after visiting my wifes aunt for a couple of hours.

Oops. I hope Finlay doesn't suffer and make things worse for you. My horde of hungry offspring and thier offspring demolished all the porchetta I made. I managed one slice!

as for remapping - I usually buy a new road atlas every couple of years.

I have life time maps from Tom. I got fed up with traveling through the fields while they rebuilt the A1(M)
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young
Pentax K1 K5-IIS K-01 K20D A50/2 A50/1.7 DA10-17 DA18-250 DA18-135 DA18-55 DA300 DA40 DA50-135 DA50-200 DA55-300 DA70 F35-70 DFA150-450 FA20-35 FA100 FA135 FA35 FA28 FA43 FA50 FA77 K55/1.8 M135/3.5 M200/4 M28/3.5 M28/2.8 M40/2.8 Q 01 02 MX-1 I-10 Sigma 15 24 105 180 8-16 10-20 17-35 17-50/2.8 24-70 400/5.6MF Tamron 70-200/2.8 17/3.5MF 24/2.5MF 28/2.5MF 90/2.5MF

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Gwyn

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 08:13
I like a real map to accommpany the Sat-Nav. You see all sorts of interesting things marked on them, not to far of the A to B route chosen by the Sat-Nav.
We don't use the one built in the car anymore as it is old and useless now, and too expensive to update, so we use my phone usually now. Here We Go rather than Big Brother.

Grey old day here again.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 15:16
I find my Garmin sat-nav very useful in towns, but it shows nothing of interest in the countryside. Can't beat an Ordnance Survey map in my opinion. The amount of information coded into symbols is amazing. From viewpoints and the different kinds of public right of way, to different symbols for churches with towers and churches with spires.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

derek897

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 19:34
I was supposed to bring my better half to Ikea today, had the time beeped off from fire brigade and was all set to go, but she changed her mind. Seeing as I had the time off, I gathered up my gear and ventured out for a drive in the rain and a hike.
Destination was the Wicklow gap, glendalough.
I had never done the hike to the top before, luckily when I arrived the rain stopped but there was still plenty of low laying cloud.
Left the tripod in the car as I didn't think I'd need it. First mistake, brought a hoody and a jacket, 2nd mistake.
Boy it was a slog, my smart watch thinks I claimed 80 flights of stairs, feels like it.
Brought the k1, siggy 70-200 Sammys, 20, 35 and 135mm,and a few other bits and bobs.

Even with the 20mm some of the vistas were too big and needed a 12 shot pano to frame it.
I must say I did enjoy the hike and the day spent shooting just primes.
About half way down I spotted a nice spot that would require a tripod
So down to the car and then the long slog back up.
I haven't looked at Any of the shots yet, but boy did I enjoy my day out.
Photos will follow once I get them edited.
I know what i like, If not always why.

RobL

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 20:20
Sounds like a great day, Derek. Such a shame to miss Ikea!

Gwyn

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 20:37
In Ikea you would have walked further, climbed as many stairs and spent more money. Sounds like a good swap to me!

RobL

Link Posted 28/12/2018 - 21:47
Did I mention an extraordinary coincidence earlier this Year? If so please bear with me, I am getting a tad forgetful. Rummaging in my plan chest I rediscovered a perspective drawing I did whilst working in an architect’s office in Norway in my twenties, of a church we were designing. So I googled to see whether it got built, and hey presto a photo almost exactly as drawn! Anyhow whilst at it I googled a friend from the office I had lost touch with many years ago but stopped short of getting in touch. Just TWO DAYS later he emailed me, just moved house to Oslo with wife no. 3 and updating his contacts, checking to see if I was still alive. Børre has accumulated a collection of cameras, mostly film, which he uses and processes, then scans. Am I allowed to mention Hasselblad, Leica, Minox, Toto, and a host of others? A curious diversion for a retired computer applications lecturer! Every year is recorded on a page on his website with 52 snaps, one for each week, a great way to compile a family album. Børre Ludvigsen’s more creative images are on Flickr, and we have maintained correspondence ever since.

PS forgot to mention a new shop just opened near our Swedish office, called Ikea, I wonder if it is still around!
Last Edited by RobL on 28/12/2018 - 21:52

derek897

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 02:16
Gwyn wrote:
In Ikea you would have walked further, climbed as many stairs and spent more money. Sounds like a good swap to me!

RobL wrote:
Did I mention an extraordinary coincidence earlier this Year? If so please bear with me, I am getting a tad forgetful. Rummaging in my plan chest I rediscovered a perspective drawing I did whilst working in an architect’s office in Norway in my twenties, of a church we were designing. So I googled to see whether it got built, and hey presto a photo almost exactly as drawn! Anyhow whilst at it I googled a friend from the office I had lost touch with many years ago but stopped short of getting in touch. Just TWO DAYS later he emailed me, just moved house to Oslo with wife no. 3 and updating his contacts, checking to see if I was still alive. Børre has accumulated a collection of cameras, mostly film, which he uses and processes, then scans. Am I allowed to mention Hasselblad, Leica, Minox, Toto, and a host of others? A curious diversion for a retired computer applications lecturer! Every year is recorded on a page on his website with 52 snaps, one for each week, a great way to compile a family album. Børre Ludvigsen’s more creative images are on Flickr, and we have maintained correspondence ever since.

PS forgot to mention a new shop just opened near our Swedish office, called Ikea, I wonder if it is still around!

I know what i like, If not always why.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 09:21
Dogs eating turkey, turbo explosions and 'other' makes of camera, that's what makes this thread a pleasure to read.

We've traveled all over Europe using maps and NEVER got lost, well that's what the navigator says, the driver may disagree...

...but I love her anyway

Getting close to the end of work and I need to go and order one of these

to tour on..

...looking forward to that
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 17:35
I bet you are!
Fingers crossed they don't change their minds again and you can get out and enjoy it!

Edit: Motormouse son says your final drive will catch fire. More motoring goobledygook to me but maybe it means something to you.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 29/12/2018 - 17:37

Algernon

Link Posted 29/12/2018 - 19:46
On behalf of all my fellow dedicated twig photographers worldwide I'd like to congratulate Twiggy on being made a Dame It's about time our ART was rewarded.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 29/12/2018 - 19:46

richandfleur

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 11:08
Happy New Year everyone 👍🏻

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/12/2018 - 12:03
Happy New year to you too Richard, and to everyone.

11 hours to go here but the fireworks are already driving me daft.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.