Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Another pointless thread

Hardgravity
Posted 25/12/2017 - 21:09 Link
More gin vicar?

Happy Christmas everyone, I'm currently trying Edinburgh Rhubarb and ginger gin with tonic...

...(hic! Burp!!!)...

....sorry.

Nice, and goes well with good chocolate.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Gwyn
Posted 25/12/2017 - 22:10 Link
Send some my way HG.

I seem to have done nothing but cook and wash up all day, and cater for extra guests.
K10D
Posted 26/12/2017 - 08:38 Link
Gwyn wrote:
Send some my way HG.

I seem to have done nothing but cook and wash up all day, and cater for extra guests.

Set ground/house rules Gwyn, you cook, everyone else clears up/wash & dry........while you taste various gins.
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Hardgravity
Posted 26/12/2017 - 20:24 Link
That's the son and his lady away, just Honesty and her man left, they'll be here a day or two more.

As for washing etc, we share everything, if you cook you don't wash, if you wash you don't tidy up and so on.

That way everybody helps out and all get to try gins, ciders, beers....
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
jeallen01
Posted 26/12/2017 - 21:35 Link
She cooks, I clear up and load the dishwasher (and later empty it) because she has very "poor" special awareness and I can get 30% more in the m/c than she can .
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Hardgravity
Posted 29/12/2017 - 09:11 Link
And now we have snow!

Although, going by the weather forecasts, it will only last until lunch time when it will start to rain...

....don't you just love British weather?

On the plus side Mrs HG's shed is up and running, she'll soon be out there doing stuff...

.....don't ask...
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
Gwyn
Posted 29/12/2017 - 09:23 Link
Bright sunshine this morning after non stop rain yesterday. We are due to get your snow later though.

Sons did help with Christmas. The grandsons even made the starter. His Nibs just got drunk, as per usual.

One son still here, no idea when he is leaving. As long as he doesn't decide to make it permanent .

Right I am off to the shops before the snow arrives.
bforbes
Posted 29/12/2017 - 10:04 Link
A good couple of centimetres of the white stuff here and still coming down.
Hardgravity
Posted 29/12/2017 - 10:05 Link
Good luck with the remaining son Gwyn.

Just to prove the above statement...

Comment Image
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
RobL
Posted 29/12/2017 - 11:46 Link
Hardgravity, that’s an impressive shed, envy! So in summer she can sit with the doors open, G&T in hand and supervise your gardening!

Today is my 70th birthday so plenty of cards reminding me how long I have been on the planet. Started off with my annual bath, which became a sort of symbolic washing away of 2017 and which has not been kind, but we are all still here and things could be worse so a resolution to find more time to do things together and hopefully a bit less working. And more photography trips!
gtis
Posted 29/12/2017 - 12:21 Link
Many happy returns
Got some of the white stuff as well
Stopped now
cheers Neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter

Panasonic Dmc Fz200
Gwyn
Posted 29/12/2017 - 16:32 Link
Happy birthday RobL! Doing anything special to mark it?
His Nibs will be 70 in March and I have no idea what, if anything, to do to celebrate it. He shares his birthday with 2nd grandson, who will be 9.

Impressive shed HG. I hope Mrs HG enjoys many hours in it. You can keep the snow!
Now blowing a gale here (again) and chucking it down (again). Son seems to have taken up residence in one of our sheds, appearing occasionally for food or drink and to sleep. No idea what he is doing in there. Maybe turning it into a Tiny House
pschlute
Posted 29/12/2017 - 17:32 Link
RobL wrote:

Today is my 70th birthday so plenty of cards reminding me how long I have been on the planet.

Very many happy returns to you from one who shares your birthday.
Hardgravity
Posted 29/12/2017 - 17:54 Link
Happy birthday to you both.

And thanks for the shed compliments, to be honest it is rather flash. Mrs HG is chuffed, she should be as she painted and help build it.

The snow is now going, we had 4inch at the peak and in less than six hours we now have a river flowing down the street.
Cheers, HG

PPG entries.
Edited by Hardgravity: 29/12/2017 - 17:56
Gwyn
Posted 29/12/2017 - 18:35 Link
pschlute wrote:
RobL wrote:

Today is my 70th birthday so plenty of cards reminding me how long I have been on the planet.

Very many happy returns to you from one who shares your birthday.

Happy birthday to you too!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.