Tyr

Joined: 11th April 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Tyr
Wow... That is a video camera!!!

Comment by Tyr posted on Update on the revolutionary RED video camera at 12/05/2007 - 20:58

Tyr
Photoshop Lightroom has a web publishing module to upload to an ftp. Makes simple and quick flash and html galleries.

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 11/05/2007 - 20:30

Tyr
Quote:
petekd wrote:
I am not sure if any of you are aware but I work part time for the Police and I am now thinking of trying to go in full time instead of the Spain move.
Quote:
Nice clean shot

What Camera ???

Pete
Quote:
DS with 105mm Sigma, 1/3000 F3.5 ISO200
Hmm, let me think, now. If Pete's thinking of full time police work, his attention to detail is probably excellent. Must be that Galoot edited this in afterwards then...
Problem is men miss things that are glaringly obvious, women dont... If anyone hides something in plain sight only a woman will be able to find it most of the time. My girlfriend is always complaining about this as I can't find anything, especially when it has been conveniently 'tidied'.


Online gallieries are difficult to get right. I prefer the quick loading thumbnail approach with larger images available if you choose them. No point in going high detail straight off as someone may not be interested in a particular shot. Lure them in with a few good thumbnails and then they can see more.

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 11/05/2007 - 20:23

Tyr
I know, but they seem to be doing it ALL DAY LONG!!! It can be very irritating. Can't we go back to when most people didn't have broadband, when there was some network speed even at 512?

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 11/05/2007 - 19:01

Tyr
Was less than 10 seconds on my dodgy 4Meg connection so not bad. Dodgy because the downstream rate fluctuates randomly from 256Kbit to 4Mbit...

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 11/05/2007 - 18:50

Tyr
Blending two images is a very useful technique, you could have taken one shot as is and one underexposed to capture the highlights. Photoshop CS2 can blend automatically using HDR photography settings but it isn't too hard to do manually even in Elements.

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 07/05/2007 - 20:31

Tyr
Is it a single shot or layered images? Looks fantastic, but some of the edjes seem odd to me There seem to be three focal planes...

Rocks in front, rocks in middle and finally the waterfall...

Really nice shot Makes me want my K10 sooner...

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 07/05/2007 - 16:57

Tyr
Now I'm really confuddled...

EDIT: Wait, It is back, and larger too?? and less of the multiple focal planes, I think the downsampling may have caused that...

Comment by Tyr posted on pistyll rhaeadr waterfall took this weekend at 07/05/2007 - 17:33

Tyr


This is why you need to insure your equipment...

Comment by Tyr posted on Say what you will at 07/05/2007 - 11:10

Tyr
The supplied CD is useless, but Unifentified Flying RAW is a digital darkroom that will work with DNG and PEF. You then export a copy of the file to GIMP and edit it there manually. I can't remember what formats are supported by GIMP, but PSD and TIFF should be, but not with EXIF data. Only conversion to JPEG keeps the EXIF data for UFRAW/GIMP.

Comment by Tyr posted on Software - I'm confussed at 07/05/2007 - 12:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo