Update on the revolutionary RED video camera

George Lazarette
Posted 12/05/2007 - 15:39 Link
People may remember the RED video camera, which, on 5 April, was due to be delivered in two weeks time.

I've just checked the website, and was surprised to see this:

"RED is currently on an engineering delay, as we refine some components to reach our target image quality for the initial camera release. A revised approximate shipping schedule will be posted sometime in the near future."

If I had put down $17,000 for this machine, I would now be biting my fingernails. The words "revised", "approximate", "sometime", and "near future" would do little to reassure me.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Mannesty
Posted 12/05/2007 - 20:43 Link
Quote:
I've just checked the website, and was surprised to see this:
C'mon George, you (nor the rest of us - shame viewfinder's not around any more) weren't surprised at all

Regards,
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Tyr
Posted 12/05/2007 - 20:58 Link
Wow... That is a video camera!!!
MattMatic
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:33 Link
Quote:
Wow... That is a video camera!!!
Well, it would be if you could buy it
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Tyr
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:36 Link
Quote:
Quote:
Wow... That is a video camera!!!
Well, it would be if you could buy it
True...

Much better than the Sony HD 3CCD I saw a while ago...

Either way, what does this have to do with Pentax DSLRs?
MattMatic
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:40 Link
Quote:
Either way, what does this have to do with Pentax DSLRs?
True I've moved it
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
Mannesty
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:47 Link
Quote:
Either way, what does this have to do with Pentax DSLRs?
Delivery promises seem pretty similar to me . . .

Perhaps it's being made by Pentax.

Sorry, couldn't resist the dig.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
George Lazarette
Posted 12/05/2007 - 21:59 Link
Quote:
Quote:
Either way, what does this have to do with Pentax DSLRs?
True I've moved it
Matt
I think it was suggested that video cameras like this would replace DSLRs. Even Pentax DSLRs.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Ammonyte
Posted 13/05/2007 - 22:25 Link
On that mention of an earlier topic....I was watching a BBC documentary this evening, about the invention of the bicycle. Towards the end, a historian pointed out that as the roads beome more crowded and we are priced off the roads by heinious taxation, the bicycle will become more popular again as it remains a practical, affordable personal transportation system.
Tim the Ammonyte
--------------
K10D & sundry toys
http://www.ammonyte.com/photos.html
Mongoose
Posted 13/05/2007 - 23:06 Link
Quote:
On that mention of an earlier topic....I was watching a BBC documentary this evening, about the invention of the bicycle. Towards the end, a historian pointed out that as the roads beome more crowded and we are priced off the roads by heinious taxation, the bicycle will become more popular again as it remains a practical, affordable personal transportation system.
certainly if you look at Cambridge you will notice that it is nearly impossible to park the cursed things.

I have actually taken my car on more than one occasion because it's easier to park a car in this town than a bike, and thats saying a lot because car parking here is hell.

It's the only place I have ever seen a traffic jam composed entirely of push bikes.
ChrisA
Posted 13/05/2007 - 23:09 Link
Quote:
I have actually taken my car on more than one occasion because it's easier to park a car in this town than a bike
Ok, I challenge you to park your car outside Auntie's.
Mongoose
Posted 13/05/2007 - 23:13 Link
well my car is quite old and solid, so perhaps your challenge should be to park it legally and without doing damage to other peoples cars in the process
ChrisA
Posted 13/05/2007 - 23:18 Link
Quote:
well my car is quite old and solid, so perhaps your challenge should be to park it legally and without doing damage to other peoples cars in the process
Easy. Downing Street multi storey... 4am.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo