TonyM

Joined: 6th September 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

TonyM
Hot topic in the UK. A recent copy of Amateur Photographer had someone bemoaning the fact that he kept his camera in his pocket when confronted with a wonderful scene of children lining up for a school bus. Personally, I would NOT put a picture up for public consumption with someone else's children clearly identifiable (actually, the missus won't allow my children either!) I think there is also a difference with being inside something like a school or event and street photography.

But this is very much fuelled by paranoia...

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Assembly at 16/11/2009 - 10:25

TonyM
Thanks Tim!

Comment by TonyM posted on Assembly at 16/11/2009 - 08:38

TonyM
Firstly - how do you find out how many people have looked? I see it in the gallery, but not elsewhere?

As for the photo, I agree with Mike. No chopping off of limbs (joint or not!) unless it can't be helped, which I assume is not this case. The main problem I have is that I'm not sure what this is a photo of. Therefore it doesn't engage me. Looking again though, I can see a case for a small crop of the top right corner (to the left of the teacher, just below the pupil's feet.) Some of the kids are staring to the right (their left) and the teacher is also going that way, so that could suggest something...

Otherwise, in a dud/no-dud vote it gets dud from me I'm afraid! (Good to see you make the point though, and I do think we could all be a bit more critical sometimes, although I think the nature of the internet forum tends to mitigate against that as it is soooo easy for people to take offence!) I look forward to the next one.

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Assembly at 16/11/2009 - 08:26

TonyM
Kris

Maybe a portrait crop to the left might help? Having said that, I think ultimately this shot, whilst having interesting elements, simply doesn't work as a whole. Maybe mono?

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Lamplight at 11/11/2009 - 21:52

TonyM
Tim

Thanks for the comments. Contrast has been tricky with these - I'll give it a go. On the stairs I waited until the stairs themselves were clear and didn't worry about outside. I think they are kissing, which is clearly outrageous as this is Bexhill-on-Sea. Call the cops!!

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on De La Warr Pavilion at 11/11/2009 - 08:05

TonyM
Amin/Mhuni/Ali - thanks very much for your comments. (Amin, the 12-24 is SUCH a good lens, you can't go wrong!) I think I know what to do now. But, do I flip the bird or drag him to the other side? Decisions, decisions...

Comment by TonyM posted on De La Warr Pavilion at 10/11/2009 - 18:38

TonyM
Took some pics a couple of weeks ago and was thinking of putting them on a collage. Would like some C&C first please, in case it would be a waste of money!
1
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204523.jpg[/IMG]
2
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204539.jpg[/IMG]
3
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204563.jpg[/IMG]
4
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204566.jpg[/IMG]
5
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204569.jpg[/IMG]
6
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204581.jpg[/IMG]
7
[IMG]http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae318/Stereoflab/_G204586.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks.

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on De La Warr Pavilion at 10/11/2009 - 13:34

TonyM
for...

The suspense is killing me!!!

Comment by TonyM posted on Pancake lens or quality compact ?? at 09/11/2009 - 13:56

TonyM
Donut

I can vouch for the 40mm Ltd route. I was fortunate to get it for £216 at Amazon (I think Mr Riley and a few others also got it then) just to see. Since then it has been one of my favourites, especially when I need to travel light like last night at the fireworks. Don't be put off by the lack of zoom. Although you may miss some things, the fact of having to work with the focal length and use your legs I find actually improves the compositions.

Regards

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Pancake lens or quality compact ?? at 08/11/2009 - 20:43

TonyM
Good to have you back Amin! For a while I thought all I had to remind me was the 12-24 (still one of my best lenses, thanks!)

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Hello everyone and thank you all at 08/11/2009 - 18:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo