TonyM

Joined: 6th September 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

TonyM
John

I don't think this actually got resolved though? But, point taken - I'll leave it with you. Cheers.

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Why/where has Amin (aminstar) gone? at 08/11/2009 - 17:35

TonyM
Quote:
.. all of this over just one controversial avatar.
Surely that in itself is good reason to ban political messages (of whatever persuasion) from anywhere but general chat bit? And maybe religious ones as well? This sort of thing is bound to blow-up - it just surprised me how long it took!

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Why/where has Amin (aminstar) gone? at 08/11/2009 - 17:20

TonyM
Hello Matt and welcome. Very pleased with my GX20!

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Non Pentax User ;) at 02/11/2009 - 22:10

TonyM
Chris

I had it and then sold it. It was a nice lens, but for me just didn't give enough over the 18-55mm, which as we all know is a cracking kit lens. I've since fell in love with the 40mm Ltd. which really does it for me.

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Sigma 18-50 F2.8 EX DC Macro at 02/11/2009 - 08:57

TonyM
Thank God for that. The temptation was becoming unbearable and the missus would have killed me! Well done and happy times for the new owner!!

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on FOR SALE - Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm f2.8 SDM. AS NEW. £550 plus postage at 01/11/2009 - 21:53

TonyM
It isn't spectacular, but it is nice and the bench adds to it (usual IMHO disclaimer) I do think a crop would help though. Lose the top bit of sky so that there is just enough space above the bird and I think it will give some feeling of movement with the boats that is counterpointed by the still, empty bench. If that doesn't sound too pretentious!

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on Keep the bench, lose the bench, scrap the photo? at 01/11/2009 - 19:49

TonyM
Clearly I am confused. What's the difference between shutter speed and frame rate then?

Comment by TonyM posted on K-x review - essential !! at 29/10/2009 - 19:02

TonyM
PM sent

Comment by TonyM posted on 50-200mm lens at 29/10/2009 - 11:08

TonyM
Ken

I might be wrong here (nothing new there!), but for VIDEO isn't the sensor exposed constantly, i.e. there is no shutter speed to adjust?

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on K-x review - essential !! at 29/10/2009 - 08:36

TonyM
Indeed, although I did find the conclusion on video interesting:

"There's no handy one-touch recording, a reliance on manual focusing, inability to change the aperture or shutter speed during recording, large file sizes that quickly fill your memory cards..."

Shutter speed!!?! Am I missing something

Tony

Comment by TonyM posted on K-x review - essential !! at 29/10/2009 - 07:57

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo