TonyM

Joined: 6th September 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

TonyM
Get the upgrade - it's the same product. I think you can also download from Amazon?

Comment by TonyM posted on Lightroom - Full or Upgrade? at 29/11/2013 - 14:38

TonyM
No Algi - I won't. How many people on this thread have tried to correct you? 15? And please stop being so bloody condescending. At least I've learned something from this.

Goodnight.

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 21:58

TonyM
I know I might not be thinking straight having just watched Spurs in action, but why on earth have you started going on about where you view the picture from?

I too am losing the will to live.

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 20:45

TonyM
Algernon wrote:


No doubt you will all be happy when sensors become so good
that you will only need 1 lens say a 15mm and just crop
every shot to match Normal and Tele lenses

--
And that, if you read back to the beginning, was exactly the point I was bringing up. I for one am finding my self more and more happy to use a shorter focal length lens prime knowing that I can crop it to a longer one due to the improved sensors and fact that I don't print above 8x10. I was confused about perspective, but now realise that perspective is only effected by the relative position of yourself and the objects in the frame, so even better!

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 20:26

TonyM
And what about mine? Taken exclusively for this thread!

TonyM wrote:
Here are the pics (not on a tripod, but on a table, so probably a slight movement on changing lenses - I have to work you know!):

10mm (heavily cropped)

Comment Image


200mm (needed to use f/32 and high iso to get dof)

Comment Image


Trying to curry favour with teacher, eh? Or is it because mine didn't have a lady

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 15:25

TonyM
Punishment rescinded! Those who are prepared to admit they got it wrong and move on are exempt (that includes me, phew!)

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 14:42

TonyM
Very nice and spot on with the focus. Giving the lack of colour range, and the rather evil look, I would be tempted to go mono, push the contrast a tad (possibly) and add a slight vignette - that should really bring out the monster in him/her!

Comment by TonyM posted on Caught in the act at 28/11/2013 - 14:04

TonyM
John - I posted a similar comparison further up the thread, taken for this purpose, but that didn't seem to convince Algi. I hope you have better luck! (I'm watching X-Factor (yuck!) as my punishment for posting; I'll let you choose yours )

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 12:54

TonyM
Horst - you didn't heed my warning not to reply to this thread. As you live "down under" your punishment is to join the "I'm a Celebrity..." crowd and eat some nasty bugs. Now!

And to put this to rest I decree that the effect on perspective is down to who is doing the looking; a bit like quantum physics, but without the physics

Comment by TonyM posted on Something to ponder! at 28/11/2013 - 12:46

TonyM
Agreed. I love where I live, but when I read things like this I feel nothing but shame. "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing".

RIP

Comment by TonyM posted on Mind where you point your camera at 28/11/2013 - 11:37

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo