Stephen

Joined: 9th January 2002

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Stephen
This topic was started originally in the 'General Chat' area.
I am looking to see if there are enough interested members in the Derbyshire / Peak District etc area to form a local area group.
We did get 4 positive replies when this was first aired, unfortunately 4 members is not really the critical mass required to kick this off.
Soooooooo if there are any more of you out there who would be interested, don't be shy add a posting to this topic and lets see if we can start something.....

Comment by Stephen posted on Derbyshire / Peak District Group at 20/04/2002 - 19:14

Stephen
Gordon,

I can confirm what John has said about the compatability and quality, and maybe go one step further to ease any concerns you may still have. I have used the FA28-80 in manaual focus mode on both a P30 and LX with no problems, even when replacing the lens on an MZ5n to use in autofocus mode.

Best wishes

Comment by Stephen posted on Old camera new lens - which will fit at 30/07/2002 - 07:46

Stephen
This is certainley not my experience with the MZ-S. I have bought the battery pack for it but the original batteries are not yet exhausted so I haven't used it yet!
Let us know what the service centre has to say

Regards

Comment by Stephen posted on MZ-S Forum - A site for the discussion of the MZ-S and AF360FGZ flashgun at 27/11/2003 - 13:35

Stephen
Thanks Rod. I have always preferred the handling of my LX's with the motor drive and battery pack attached so I think I am sold on the attachment for the MZ-S.

Comment by Stephen posted on MZ-S Forum - A site for the discussion of the MZ-S and AF360FGZ flashgun at 30/08/2003 - 10:16

Stephen
It has been quiet these past few days on this board - made me feel very guilty about not posting my initial impressions of the MZ-S, so here goes.

First batch of slides have been returned and I am delighted to say that they are all well exposed (not a duff one amongst them - at least not due to the camera!!) and focus spot on. In use I very quickly found myself picking up the MZ-S in preference to the MZ5n, it is such a joy to use. It feels robust (as it should for the market its aimed at) and all the controls fall easily to hand (or should thay be finger?). I have only fed through half a dozen rolls so cannot comment on others experiences about high battery usage. Next up is to see how the camera performs with my external flash guns (currently AF400T and AF280T).

I think that I may invest in the battery grip, partly for the convenience of AA batteries and partly for the additional shutter release - do any members have experience of this accessorie? and if so do you recommend it?

Comment by Stephen posted on MZ-S Forum - A site for the discussion of the MZ-S and AF360FGZ flashgun at 28/08/2003 - 13:14

Stephen
I have finally taken the plunge and purchased an MZ-S, initial thoughts are all favourable, the camera certainley has a quality feel - maybe a worthy successor to the LX in my affections. I'm just off on my travels for 10 days so will no doubt learn a lot more about the camera - I will post my thoughts in mid August.

Comment by Stephen posted on MZ-S Forum - A site for the discussion of the MZ-S and AF360FGZ flashgun at 31/07/2003 - 00:17

Stephen
My first foray into the world of Pentax photography was the MX, which is still one of my favourites. Like Peter I found the M series lenses superb, and a world away from the independent lenses I had used on my first SLR (a Praktica MTL3). In terms of autofocus cameras I have had long and fautless service from a couple of Canon EOS5's, but somehow they just dont have the 'feel' of the MX / LX etc. The MZ5n is slowly worming its way into my affections (it is so light - great when I am hill walking) but I just keep going back to those M series cameras.....

Comment by Stephen posted on Manufacturing Quality at 06/08/2002 - 12:59

Stephen
Unless you need some of the 'extra' features on the MZ3 over the MZ5n I would be more inclined to save the cash and go for the MZ5n. There are some great deals about at the moment (less than £300 including 28-80 lens). I have found it to be a brilliant little camera which has tempted me back to Pentax autofocus after a flirtation with another make!

Comment by Stephen posted on What to buy - seeking comments at 05/04/2002 - 21:35

Stephen
I keep coming across references th the Pentax LX Millenium camera. I understand it was only originally offered for sale in Japan, but have any UK club members been able to get thier hands on one? If so what are thier thoughts about it?

If you haven't seen the specs try this link: Pentax LX

Comment by Stephen posted on Pentax LX / LX Millenium at 24/04/2002 - 13:18

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo