Steep

Joined: 2nd August 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Steep
I have an old Tokina 28mm with just that problem, the guard is twice as long as the one on a Pentax lens of the same vintage and catches on the camera body.

Comment by Steep posted on Cameras with K mount at 08/08/2011 - 22:16

Steep
A quick net search found this http://www.flickr.com/groups/k20d/discuss/72157604854128731/ which should be of use to you

Comment by Steep posted on What is FN D-Range and what it for??? at 08/08/2011 - 20:26

Steep
Deleting your RAW files is like destroying the negatives, with the RAW (negative) you can always create another image (develop a print differently). If all you've got is the jpg (print) you lose access to all the creative possibilities.

Comment by Steep posted on Archive Storage - RAW vs JPEG at 08/08/2011 - 20:23

Steep

Comment by Steep posted on Quality Contol - or the lack of it! at 07/08/2011 - 07:29

Steep
I wouldn't worry about those blemishes unless they affect the images you take.

Sigma have a long history of quality control problems but they have pretty good service in the UK, if your lens is under guarantee and you do want to do something about the marks it might be worth getting in touch.

Comment by Steep posted on Quality Contol - or the lack of it! at 06/08/2011 - 22:49

Steep
fatspider wrote:
Looking at the range of colours that Pentax cameras are now available in I would say that Pentax is on the bright side

Welcome to the bright side Hugh
Thanks guys

Alan you know I did seriously consider (well for about 1/10th of a second) buying an electric blue one, purely for the security of it, what criminal in their right mind is going to think an electric blue (pink, red, yellow) camera is real?

Comment by Steep posted on Coming back from the dark side at 05/08/2011 - 15:25

Steep
Since you are trying to attach a filter to a lens you'd always speak in terms of filter to lens, so in this case you're stepping up a smaller filter to a larger lens. Stepping down would be a larger diameter filter to a smaller lens.


/edit imo, I think, etc..

Comment by Steep posted on Filter Step Rings at 05/08/2011 - 12:02

Steep
Don't have a Billingham bag but I do have a very similar canvas bag, it's only canvas on the outside though, inside there's the normal padding that you'd find in any bag. I would assume that Billingham would be no different and given the average price of them I seriously doubt they would be likely to damage the gear you put into them.

Comment by Steep posted on a couple of things bags and tablets at 05/08/2011 - 11:43

Steep
I think I'd be happy that they were late and got it right than in time with all the others with 'advancements' that are only eye candy.

From a photographers point of view Smeggypants^ got it right when he said better ISO performance was more important. When I was looking at the K-r a few days ago what impressed me most was the high iso noise handling versus my 30D. They don't make cameras for photographers though, what's important to me is not sexy enough for joe public.
Big numbers look good on adverts and joe public has more money than me...

Comment by Steep posted on 24.3 MP Exmor CMOS sensor at 05/08/2011 - 11:26

Steep
I spent my first million (roughly) years or so on earth as a Pentax film camera user. Loved my ME Super to death (it's sitting moldering slowly on a shelf as I type) and had many happy years with a 645. The day came when film was just too expensive to continue with and I decided to go digital, but back then Pentax simply didn't have a dslr on the market, so I went to the dark side and bought a Canon 300D. Despite a later upgrade to a 30D I've never been happy as a Canon user and when the excuse came (needed a decent live view for astro photography) I bit the bullet and bought a K-r. Only had it a couple of days but I feel an old excitement coming back when I hold it even with the perennial Pentax problem of being too small for my big hands I just know I've done the right thing.

Although the K-r is meant to be an entry level camera it's still a pretty good upgrade on the 30D which goes to show there's no stopping human ingenuity (at least until SkyNet goes live...)

Anyway enough babbling, I just wanted to say Hi

so er.. Hi!

Comment by Steep posted on Coming back from the dark side at 04/08/2011 - 21:42

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo