smc

Joined: 19th February 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

smc
Quote:
It all depends how you look at it. I think that compared to paying £209.95 for a Pentax MX with 50mm f1.7 lens in lets say 1985 (I haven't checked the exact date for that price).
John - £209 is probably not too far wrong. I bought mine for £150 in 1980 - amazing it only increased by £50 in 7 years in the ultra-inflation 1980s.

Comment by smc posted on Buying from the USA now. at 03/12/2007 - 09:41

smc
Thanks for letting us know, Better safe than sorry.

Comment by smc posted on More old flashguns to avoid directly connecting to Digicams at 30/11/2007 - 13:33

smc


I have an older style ring flash - looking forward to using it this weekend.

Comment by smc posted on Vivitar 550FD flash at 16/11/2007 - 14:06

smc
Matt - could you elaborate? I didn't know Pentax had protection circuitry. That would be good news

Comment by smc posted on Vivitar 550FD flash at 16/11/2007 - 13:29

smc
I think the Vivitar is an older style TTL flash. I have the 530FD version with two auto modes, TTL and manual. It should be fine on auto modes or manual. The flash trigger voltage may be an issue when using an older flash on a new DSLR. Anything above around 10-12v (some say even lower) may cause damage to the camera's circuitry. It is probably worth checking this before use.

Comment by smc posted on Vivitar 550FD flash at 16/11/2007 - 13:12

smc
Peter

My 35/2 Super Takumar is very nice. You may have just received a dud sample.

Comment by smc posted on Pentax 35mm f2 at 03/12/2007 - 11:57

smc
Kim - that IS nice. Was it made in black?


Quote:
In that case it would be the 50/1.2 A Special! I doubt I would ever find a replacement. http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/normal/A50f1.2-Special.html

Kim

George Lazarette wrote:
Another way to put this is, which lens would you least like to be stolen?

For me, the 77mm Ltd.

G

Comment by smc posted on Your Choice ? at 05/11/2007 - 09:34

smc
Quote:
smc wrote:
50/1.4 on film

35/2.0 on digital
That's what you might call the "standard reply"!

G

Comment by smc posted on Your Choice ? at 05/11/2007 - 09:31

smc
50/1.4 on film

35/2.0 on digital

Comment by smc posted on Your Choice ? at 04/11/2007 - 09:46

smc
You might want to try this one at FFordes:

80-200 f2.8 manual focus (probably not KA?) - £99


https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm

Comment by smc posted on Best longish lens for under £400 at 23/10/2007 - 13:50

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo