smc

Joined: 19th February 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

smc
I stand corrected : (

Comment by smc posted on Program A / Pentax 28-80 at 14/09/2007 - 14:50

smc
Now is agood time to be selling any kind of Pentax film camera. Students still use this stuff in colleges and the new term will start in a few weeks. The older mf bodies still command surprising prices.

Comment by smc posted on Program A / Pentax 28-80 at 14/09/2007 - 14:39

smc
I thought I would buy some full frame glass before Pentax stopped making it completely. Park Cameras said 2 weeks ago they thought the lens had been discontinued, but it still showed on Pentax website. I placed a speculative order with them anyway. They called to say the lens is in today : )

The Samsung version is also listed on the Park Cameras website, but is more expensive.

Comment by smc posted on SMC FA 35mm F2 AL back in stock at 01/08/2007 - 22:28

smc
Welcome. Nice to see another face around here.

Comment by smc posted on New Member at 22/07/2007 - 22:36

smc
Quote:
johnriley wrote:
Two SD slots would amake better sense if the second one took over once the first was full, doubling the number of shots that could be recorded.
With memory card density increasing at least as fast as sensor density, wouldn't this be a bit superfluous too? Building space into the body for two cards, together with the electronics to handle them as you say, seems completely pointless given how easy it is to change the card.
Always good to have a backup though, especially in a pro/semi-pro camera.

Comment by smc posted on What I would Like at 18/07/2007 - 08:53

smc
There is much speculation about an 18mp ful frame Sony sensor coming in the Autumn. It must surely might make its way into a Pentax at some point. The price might not be right though - and this might steal 645D sales (if this camera is ever produced).

Comment by smc posted on What I would Like at 18/07/2007 - 08:17

smc
I agree - it looks as though the lcd and/or camera has been squashed.

Comment by smc posted on K10D Problems at 13/07/2007 - 11:10

smc
I hace not heard of them, although the website looks good. I would be wary of signing away copyright.

Comment by smc posted on Anyone Done this... at 07/07/2007 - 23:07

smc
Quote:
I see a macro lens with built in led (white light and uv and ir) lighting powered by the supesonic motor contacts to create a lens that will be covetted by medical, forensics, AND macro photography users!

Quote:
specializing in high-value added products with unique technology and will focus on areas where it has a competitive edge. This area will be positioned as a foundation for development of new optical-related equipment and is expected to diversify into the life care and security business areas"
Now you're talking : )

Comment by smc posted on Hoya reveals more plans for Pentax at 04/07/2007 - 13:06

smc
I hope that Dixons selling the K10D is a result of Hoya's firepower and a statement of intent by Pentax.

One slightly disturbing point in the document is the lack of the words "core business" in relation to cameras. The language is different to that used elsewhere in relation to medical imaging for example.

To quote:

"Imaging systems area (digital cameras and binoculars, etc.) In order to enhance the business’s value, the new company will differentiate its offerings by specializing in high-value added products with unique technology and will focus on areas where it has a competitive edge. This area will be positioned as a foundation for development of new optical-related equipment and is expected to diversify into the life care and security business areas".

Comment by smc posted on Hoya reveals more plans for Pentax at 04/07/2007 - 12:59

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo