screwdriver222

Joined: 11th September 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

screwdriver222
Great images. I must give it a go.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on The Milky Way at 10/10/2019 - 18:39

screwdriver222
A really nice set. Well done

Regards

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on To the limits and beyond at 19/08/2019 - 00:10

screwdriver222
A great set. The first three I find are really striking.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Norfolk skies at 21/05/2019 - 13:03

screwdriver222
Great images, especially the first and last.

I went to Wistman's Wood about 10 months age found it quite difficult clambering over the rocks I don't know if there is an actual path through it. Maybe its just my age.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Wistman's Wood in Devon. Very first photos taken with the K1MII at 05/05/2019 - 16:00

screwdriver222
A nice set. I am going to get my macro lens out.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on A few bugs at 15/04/2019 - 11:10

screwdriver222
A nice selection.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on a mix from the year so far at 15/04/2019 - 10:55

screwdriver222
Nice shot and it works in B&W.

I saw her for the only time, hauling the Cathedral Express through Plymouth 6 months ago, it had another steam locomotive behind it to help with the gradients down here.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Flying Scotsman at 13/04/2019 - 16:27

screwdriver222
I have a K-1 and noticed a few months ago that I was was getting banding in my images that had a deep blue sky. After some research found that the only way to remove or disguise it was to add grain it, which I did using Lightroom. It was not perfect but made the image still usable at small sizes. Any way the banding issue was getting worse and started to appear on overcast sky and even on the edges of clouds as well. I had initially thought it might be my camera settings, but I ruled that out. Today I happened to check some of my much older images and they were affected too. Aha must be my monitor, I did a factory reset and hey presto everything is fine now.

Just thought I would make people aware in case of similar probs. My monitor is a Dell U2715H.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on Just fixed banding in my images. at 21/03/2019 - 19:51

screwdriver222
Thanks Andy - Yeah I had to go down a sloping road a bit to get it all in and thanks to Peter, I must say Trethevy Quoit was impressive and the light was good, probably a couple hours after sunrise. Although I live in Plymouth, Devon I probably do more photography in Cornwall. If anyone is in that area Minions is another good spot just a couple of miles from Trethevy Quoit and has stone circles, old engine houses and natural rock formations.

Jeff

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on A morning in Cornwall at 16/10/2018 - 22:55

screwdriver222
Thanks for your comments.

I was expecting someone to comment about the clapper bridge. It is actually called "Clapper Bridge". It was originally a clapper bridge but was replaced probably in the 16th century by a more traditional one, it may contain elements of the clapper bridge. The bridge was first mentioned in 1480 during the War of the Roses.

Comment by screwdriver222 posted on A morning in Cornwall at 13/10/2018 - 16:49

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo