RR

Joined: 3rd December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

RR
Message for Snootchies:

It's a lovely image, but it's not in line with the entry guidelines of being taken 22/01/09 - 04/02/09.

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/exif.jpg[/IMG]

The weekly competition has no time restraints, but the fortnightly comp has to be taken within a timeframe.

I only noticed as I was sure I'd seen it before & must have happened accross it on flickr.

I'm sure no-one would object if you withdrew it & entered an image that does conform.

Comment by RR posted on Fortnightly competition # 8: Comments at 03/02/2009 - 13:40

RR
Thanks for the comments guys. Think the 12-24's gonna be fun !

Now to test my new Tamron 28-75mm f2.8

Comment by RR posted on 12-24 composition ? at 29/01/2009 - 22:18

RR
Some lovely tones in that set & the last 3 have wonderful lighting but their all just far too dark for me though. My eye is struggling to find the detail & it detracts from the calmness of the images.

Comment by RR posted on Evade - Recent Photo series at 29/01/2009 - 01:17

RR
It may be the format the software you are using to edit is saving as. Try re-opening the ones that aren't showing with a different program, then "save as" a new file name. Burn this onto CD & see if that works.

Comment by RR posted on Viewing photos on a DVD Player at 29/01/2009 - 00:42

RR
There's alot less scaffolding on the bridge now than when I visited last year. Don't they realise it's hard to clone out ??
Unless you're Cliff of course

Comment by RR posted on Some photos from North Queensferry at 28/01/2009 - 23:20

RR
Although the 12-24 was new, couldn't come away without trying the fisheye, here's an example with that (as you can see, I'm experimenting a little with the processing too)

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/fishytowers.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by RR posted on 12-24 composition ? at 28/01/2009 - 23:10

RR
MarkD, don't be shy with the opinions. Seems like you have alot more experience than me. Regardless of that, composition is very subjective anyway.

Well I've blown a little bit of fluff off the sensor, but it would seem the main culprit was splashes on the front element of the 12-24. There where a fair few drips coming from the buildings. Will get a proper cleaning kit anyway & I need to get in the habit of cleaning my kit when I get home, rather than wrestling the SD card out and gawping at the PC for an hour or two.

Edit: - Actually I'm now processing an image I took with the 10-17 & that has spots too. Deffo time for a good clean.

Comment by RR posted on 12-24 composition ? at 28/01/2009 - 22:45

RR
Noticed a few spots today actually Gwyn, will check it out in the morning to see if I do have a dirty sensor, if so it's an excuse to go to the camera shop as I don't have any cleaning equipment !!

Comment by RR posted on 12-24 composition ? at 28/01/2009 - 21:06

RR
Popped out with my new Pentax 12-24 today to try my hand at composition with the wide angle. Shot exclusively at 12mm for today so I could get an idea of what works & what doesn't. Here are a couple of shots that I think work well composition wise, C&C welcome as always.

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/convergance.jpg[/IMG]




[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/open.jpg[/IMG]




[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/bollards.jpg[/IMG]




Thanks, Bob

Comment by RR posted on 12-24 composition ? at 28/01/2009 - 20:55

RR
Nice one Kris.

Comment by RR posted on Hilton Head at 28/01/2009 - 18:28

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo