All Forum Comments
Comment by RR posted on Thought I'd have a stab at a sunset ! at 16/02/2009 - 01:03
Comment by RR posted on Need a longer lens at 16/02/2009 - 00:22
Comment by RR posted on Auschwitz & Birkenau at 15/02/2009 - 19:01
p.s. Nicely saturated images there. Colours really Pop
Comment by RR posted on My first pics post at 14/02/2009 - 20:02
I look forward to seeing some variations on the theme too. Anyone have any allsorts or dolly mixtures handy ?
Comment by RR posted on Smarties Pants at 14/02/2009 - 19:17
I took a few photos on the tour just to try and capture the oppressive nature of the surroundings. Taken with my wifes Panasonic FZ-8 (Did not travel with the k20d)
The first depicts the electrified fence & one of the many watchtowers at Auschwitz.
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/auschwitz.jpg[/IMG]
The second was taken at Birkenau, this place really hit home with the mammoth scale of the atrocities committed. Each pair of chimneys shown in the following pic represents a single building which housed hundreds of inmates & they continued as far as the eye could see.
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/birkenau.jpg[/IMG]
Comment by RR posted on Auschwitz & Birkenau at 13/02/2009 - 19:19
would i benefit going to this new lens
The extra 8mm at the wide end makes much more difference than say 18 - 26mm & you may have to rethink your compositions a little when shooting that wide, but that said, it will also bring a new perspective to your shots.
and justify spending £300.
Comment by RR posted on Night Photography. at 13/02/2009 - 18:02
There's been much talk about wide options on this & other forums. I went for the Pentax 12-24 as I like the colours it produces & I have the 10-17 if I want to go wider. I bought it at a good price & had the £50 rebate, if buying now though I'd probably go for the Sigma 10-20 purely on price. Both are going to be sharp stopped down on a tripod & you may appreciate the extra width of the Sigma. You could wait for the Tamron 10-24 but you could take some stunning images with either of the above lenses in the meantime !
Comment by RR posted on Night Photography. at 13/02/2009 - 10:44
If you're able to get a good match to your print save the settings & then try re-editing your images (don't save over originals) til they look right on screen.
Now get these newly edited images printed & compare the results.
Comment by RR posted on Help with laptop, prints coming out too dark. at 07/02/2009 - 17:49
Comment by RR posted on Unst - Beer at 07/02/2009 - 17:26


Location was chosen on the fly as time was not on my side.
1st 2 are a little darker than I aimed for as I had PS set to an incorrect profile from some print experiments earlier. Will have to re-process them, but the darkness is growing on me somewhat. 3rd one re-processed as it was way too dark & all detail was lost.
Thoughts and comments good or bad as always appreciated.
Enjoying the show
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/benchinpcawl.jpg[/IMG]
Getting my feet wet
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/pcawl.jpg[/IMG]
Smooth rocks at sundown
[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/smoothedrocks.jpg[/IMG]