Ravi

Joined: 3rd June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Ravi
Hi Brian, I use OSX 10.5.8, the iPhoto does handle RAW.
I take a lot of photos, and I would say 90% of the times, the "enhance" button produces very pleasing results.
Very little adjustment is required apart from that.
I also use Aperture. I use it where I think some "special treatment" is required. I feel Aperture does produce very fine results - even without going (to the level of) "Levels"
As a free software, I have also found Picasa quite good.
I agree with Unlocker, you should take up the free trials, and try both out, though Aperture is a lot cheaper than Lightroom. I think Aperture has enough on it to produce brilliant results.
I have seen people producing some spectacular results using PS etc, but I don't think I could spare the time doing all that, for me, these 3 do all I need, but I guess a pro may require more.

Comment by Ravi posted on Mac OS 10 & I photo supported RAW formats at 08/11/2009 - 09:58

Ravi
Dear Ken, Thanks a lot for the reply.

Reg vignetting at under 20mm- yes, point taken, I tend to crop out the vignetted areas, but I understand the point you're making.

I have checked, I don't think I over-rode the aperture, I had set Sv to ISO400, and left the camera to set the aperture. 1st image was in matrix metering. Sv 1/30, F8 ISO 400 - Flash, Underexposed.
Same for the next image, I tried the "Green" mode, 1/30, f8 ISO 400 - Flash, Underexposed.
3rd Image : Green mode, Matrix metering, 0.3s, F2.8, ISO 400.
4th Image : Green mode, Spot metered, Green mode, 1/30 , F6.7 ISO 400 - Flash, Underexposed.
5th Image : Green mode again, Spot metered, 0.7s , F2.8, ISO400.

Rgds

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure at 26/10/2009 - 14:37

Ravi
Sorry, I have taken almost a month to post them, but here are a few, I will add to this, as I have similar results- I never had such results using the 50mm 1.4 lens....

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ravimat/K10D1650Underexposure?authkey=Gv1sRgCOOxsc...

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure at 25/10/2009 - 17:01

Ravi
Hi Mike,
Great photo!Do you have a comparitive image with the 50-135?

Comment by Ravi posted on Sigma 50-150mm HSM II DC EX f2.8 at 16/10/2009 - 15:53

Ravi
Trew, I guess I panicked too fast...I'll check if I tried using spot or not- thanks a lot for the replies, I am grateful for this support. Cheers.
(There should be a thumbs up smiley as well)

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure at 26/09/2009 - 11:11

Ravi
Hi!
I've had a few more of underexposed photos, I wanted to insert them into the post, but will have to do it later- just found they have to be posted as a link...

The photos were taken against a brighter background (a silver car), was trying to fill in with the built in flash, just can't understand how they could have underexposed!! Even my digital compact would have metered correctly.

So I will upload them, and look forward to your advice!

Rgds

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure at 26/09/2009 - 08:53

Ravi
OK! I will surely give it a try: it may be cheap, that wil make it all the more fun- if it works!
That's the fun of digital!
Thanks for your help, and comments.
Rgds

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure with Slave Flash at 06/08/2009 - 23:39

Ravi
Yes Ken, thanks possible that the flash hadn't re-charged fully before I took the next picture- I will check the setting where it blocks taking a picture if flash not re-charged.

About the Xtra Flash, I had read:
"With digital cameras you have to be careful that it fires at the same time as some have a preflash system that fools the slave to fire out of sync. "

Chris, could I ask if there is a way around the pre flash, or as Ken has said, the Xtra Flash will not work with the K10D?

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure with Slave Flash at 06/08/2009 - 13:13

Ravi
Dear Peter, George,
Thanks a lot for the quick replies!
Its zis one:
link
Its called the Pentax XTra Flash...

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure with Slave Flash at 06/08/2009 - 12:34

Ravi
Its a Pentax!

Comment by Ravi posted on K10D+ 16-50 - underexposure with Slave Flash at 06/08/2009 - 11:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo