PLUS

Pwynnej

Joined: 14th September 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Pwynnej
Two reasons: finally been able to access my account!

Secondlly: the K10D - yes, I like my *ist D and *ist DL, but this is such a profound step we hope all the defectors to the dark side come back to the fold.

My girlfriend tries to get me to defect to Canon, definitely won't happen if the promise of new lenses comes about.......

Will these new lenses be DA or D-FA I wonder?

Peter

Comment by Pwynnej posted on IT'S HERE!!!!!! at 14/09/2006 - 14:13

Pwynnej
I've looked at the pictures and I've noticed that they are not absolutely identical....

Want K10D with the 16-50 and 60-250 lenses...NOW!

Comment by Pwynnej posted on K10D news at 21/09/2006 - 15:53

Pwynnej
I was in Boston and New England last October - didn't see that many pentaxes though

I missed the fall by about two weeks, although in November I saw some lovely colours in Virginia...

For food - clam chowder is definitely recommended washed down with Sam Adams Boston Lager. Portsmouth NH has a fabulous brewery as does Pittsfield in Maine..,..

I spent a week in the car travelling through the states and it wasn't enough - I am determined to again when time allows.

As for flights - those originating from Schiphol are much cheaper and this also includes BA. I travel World Traveller Plus, which gives extra legroom....

Late October this year I will go to Washington DC and historic Jamestown - to hopefully catch some nice colours....

Peter

Comment by Pwynnej posted on New England at 15/09/2006 - 21:14

Pwynnej
Cameraworld in Wells Street in London gets the nod from me, because of the service I got when I bought the K10D; this was a week before SRS bought their prices lower

I've recently dealt with SRS, my 50mm was delivered when they said it would.. Only problem is it will be 2 months before I get to play with it

Cambrian Photography in Bae Colwyn, usually has some good gear in
Ffordes and Mifsuds, I've also bought stuff off
Capi International in Amsterdam Schiphol (airside)

Cambridge is also a great place to go searching for gear..

Has no-one mentioned Jessops? Strange that

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Recommended suppliers of equipment at 15/04/2007 - 08:13

Pwynnej
I replaced a Canoscan 2710F with a Nikon Coolscan V ED...

Manily because I was told SCSI couldn't be used with XP, but as soon as I sold the Canon found out about the patch that allowed it....

However my 4000 dpi Nikon trumps it in a lot of departments... scan speed and scan quality. I just scan and let PS do the sorting.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on Film Scanners at 27/11/2006 - 22:35

Pwynnej
Quote:

I should also mention that the coming Nikon D3 is rumoured to be full frame or at least come out very close at 1.1 cropping factor. Again, what does this tell you?
This rumour has been circulating around for a very long time, even before the D40 was announced.....

I see no reason for this debate about the physical size of the sensor, the Nikon F-mount and the K-mount as limited because of the throat size, and I guess any movement from Pentax to a larger size might necessitate a completely new mount...

We should focus on the actual image quality itself; if you can obtain a decent A3 print from an APS-C, and consign all the flaws like VPN to history then the APS-C format can be the new full-size format. The 36 x24 mm like MF will be for specialists...

Comment by Pwynnej posted on 'Digital only' lenses - are they a good investment at 21/08/2007 - 12:08

Pwynnej
I would say ditch the Sigma lenses..... I have a few but they all have aperture rings....

If you can find one.... get an SMC 24-90 f3.5-4.5 lens, supplement it with say the Sigma EX 70-200 mm f2.8....

Both go perfectly well with my Z-1, Z-1p, MZ-S and *ist D...

Comment by Pwynnej posted on MZ-S at 19/10/2006 - 13:35

Pwynnej
Bit late perhaps - my take on the debate

I have both Sigma EX 24-70 DG 2.8 and the SMC-FA 24-90...

MZ-S and *ist D do not work totally satistactorily with the Sigma, yet this lens works fine on my Z1-p.....

Whereas, the Pentax lens works superbly on all the cameras...

Lens of choice - the Pentax...beacuse it focusses better than the sigma.

Comment by Pwynnej posted on sigma 24-70ex at 14/09/2006 - 14:46

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo