ponti67

Joined: 19th April 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ponti67
I have seen and read about the K-7 and would prefer it over any Nikon. The problem with Pentax, is that most camera shops don't carry Pentax anymore. I know a place where I can hire Pentax Cameras and Lenses. The K-7 goes for about 50 quid for four days. Pentax and rain go togwther, try that with any other camera and you end up with a paper-weight.

Comment by ponti67 posted on K10D Back focusing Issue at 24/07/2010 - 21:50

ponti67
I use two lenses with my K10, the Pentax 50-200mm kit lens and the Sigma 17-70 EX 2.8. I seem to be having BF problems with both lenses. I use the 17-70 a lot more than the 50-200. I am thinking about switching to Nikon, but I want to give the K-7 a test drive. Can I fix the BF problem I am having with the K10?

Comment by ponti67 posted on K10D Back focusing Issue at 24/07/2010 - 06:11

ponti67
I know what length I want, I am looking for a lens other than the Pentax 77mm.

Comment by ponti67 posted on looking for a 1.4 or 1.8 prtrait lens at 27/05/2010 - 16:00

ponti67
I have been looking to get a good portrait lens. Pentax makes a 77mm lens bit its only has a 49mm circumference and is expensive. Sigma just came out with an 85mm lens and is Af. The Pentax has an Auto setting on the apeture ring. are there any other lenses out there to choose from?

Comment by ponti67 posted on looking for a 1.4 or 1.8 prtrait lens at 27/05/2010 - 15:43

ponti67
I am getting the K-7 in about three weeks. The trouble I have, is buying lenses. I could buy the 80-200mm 2.8 silver lens from Hong Kong and use it on a Pentax with an APS-C sensor then use it om my M.E. as well. The new lenses are made for APS-C sensors. I like the WR lenses, butit would be great ifPentax had two lines of lenses and the K-7 being a full frame sensor.

Comment by ponti67 posted on deciding on lenses at 22/05/2010 - 05:45

ponti67
I will be taking team pictures again on Sat. If I set the camera to auto and the flash to auto, it won't go foo and the kids are too dark. If I set the flas to TAV, then I need to play with the apeture. I don't have the manual for the flash. Is there another setting which might be easier?

Comment by ponti67 posted on Taking Team Picres at 20/05/2010 - 21:12

ponti67
This picture uploaded alright. Is there a limit to the size of file one can upload?
Comment Image

Comment by ponti67 posted on trouble uploading pictures at 14/05/2010 - 03:55

ponti67
I hired the 540 flas for a job I am doing this week-end. I don't think the flas is working properly. Under the RAW button in the front of the camera, there are three settings, MF,AF-C or AF-S which one is better to use. I am thinking AF-S. The zoom button changes the cannel. What channel should it be on? What setting shoutld the camera be on if I want auto setting, and what setting shouls the camera be for hss.

Comment by ponti67 posted on Need help with AF-540-FGZ Flash at 14/05/2010 - 03:31

ponti67
you are all right. Technology impacts how we live. I remember photoalbums and still enjoy showing my prints to friends, but there is no reason to do that when you have DVD and a digital camera. Just because you have the technology, doen't mean it's a good thing. we are becomming an impersonal society and one form of communication, is taking pictures. A poicture may be worth more than a thousand words when we stop talking to each other

Comment by ponti67 posted on Camera shops diappearing at 13/05/2010 - 14:25

ponti67
Where I live, there are no camera shops left. There are department stores which sell P/S cameras and maybe one low-end DSLR. There is a camera shop about 40 min away. It seems that consumers don't care to kave a brain sell them a camera. They read the reviews on the inter-net and then buy what they want. If I want a good DSLR, I have to buy it on-line. I am about to spend 7,000 quid on ew gear. I wander how the manufacturers will react to the new reality.

Comment by ponti67 posted on Camera shops diappearing at 13/05/2010 - 03:51

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo