Nigelk

Joined: 3rd December 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Nigelk
It would seem that all the UKs initial allotment sold either before it arrived or very soon after arrival.
A. this is a comparatively small and quiet site
B. Even on the larger/busier sites it is only a handful of people who have the camera that are posting, with many others creating the discussion.
My conclusion, early days yet. Hopefully we'll get a few more posts about the new camera and maybe a review!
Personally, I'd love to buy the camera but £1,900 is a bit much for me at the moment. We'll see if there is a couple of hundred quid off later in the year

Comment by Nigelk posted on Lack of K3 - III specific postings at 07/06/2021 - 10:26

Nigelk
Michael,
I've just been looking at your comp.
You've forgotten to remind folks that the photographs must be taken this month, June
I'll see what I can come up with.

Nigel

Comment by Nigelk posted on June Competition - Trees at 05/06/2021 - 08:29

Nigelk
What them others said. Lovely whilst a little different.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Brave New World at 09/05/2021 - 07:23

Nigelk
Lovely well captured set of race day fun.
Importantly , how do you find using the new camera against your old body?

Comment by Nigelk posted on First Time Out With The K3 III at 04/05/2021 - 13:23

Nigelk
I feel that I have seen and liked this image in another location. Second viewing has not changed my opinion, lovely shot.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Coffee Break at 26/04/2021 - 15:58

Nigelk
Welcome i_trax I think you'll find it quite sleepy here compared to the other two platforms you mention but, that's partly why I like it here, less noise.
Very much hope you'll share your thoughts and images with us and especially regarding the new K3 Mk3 when it lands in your hands.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Hello to all from Australia at 17/04/2021 - 18:01

Nigelk
Flan wrote:
hi Nigelk, i presume picture 7 is the photo you chose for the Gallery and it appears less contrasty (dark) than it appears on the example you have on this thread. It is just an observation , is there a reason for this
Flan, you presume incorrectly. I walked past this field with the wife the evening of the 6th, took a handful of shots came home and processed them in LR, putting the example in the gallery here. Last evening the 7th we got more lovely low sun that gives a great natural contrast to start from so, back up the field I went on my own with a longer lens, 55-300wr. Having digested the originals of the sixth I felt inclined to closer crops and even more contrasty development as I wanted to go more in the direction of abstract with these lovely subtle curves and waves in the landscape, the above images are the result. The long lens really helps to isolate sections of the field and adds to the perceived amount of movement in the forms.
I look forward to wandering back when the potatoes start to sprout, could be interesting.

So pleased it's not just me enjoying this potato field, thank you all.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Go With the Flow at 07/04/2021 - 13:50

Nigelk
A walk around the potato field

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by Nigelk posted on Go With the Flow at 06/04/2021 - 20:51

Nigelk
What a beautiful set and though digitized for our enjoyment, you've kept that lovely retro colour/tonal quality of film, fab!
Looks like you had an enjoyable day out

Comment by Nigelk posted on Essex Churches with my 'Shift' lens -- at 04/04/2021 - 06:40

Nigelk
We'd been primed and new it wouldn't be a cheap bit of kit.
Now we can sit back and wait for the heated debates over the reviews and the performance.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Pentax K-3 Mark III now available to pre-order! at 31/03/2021 - 08:44

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo