Nigelk

Joined: 3rd December 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Nigelk
Flan wrote:
It will be interesting to see, how it compares optically with the out going 16-50 SDM.
We know it will have better autofocus and so on, but how will it render compared to the original.
Having bought the 16-50 SDM new in early 2019 for 499 sterling (fromSRS) I think I'll put up with it’s faults.😀😀😀
I do wish it the best though and hope it lives up to expectations
Flan, if you click on the bottom of the two links in my first post Pentax have provided head to head comparisons between the old lens and the new lens. Based on them the new lens is head and shoulders better, as it needs to be. I also have the old version, what with decentering, crap SDM and poor across the frame rendering I stopped using it when I got the 16-85mm which I find to be the much better lens. This new beast looks to be in a whole new ball park, just as the DA* 11-18mm is a fab lens.

Comment by Nigelk posted on The new DA* 16-50mm f2.8 at 16/07/2021 - 09:29

Nigelk
MrB wrote:
So the recent trend in Pentax pricing is for APS-C gear to be significantly more expensive than the FF equivalents?

Philip
I think we need to wait and see what pricing for the next top end FF bit of kit that comes out

Comment by Nigelk posted on The new DA* 16-50mm f2.8 at 15/07/2021 - 13:29

Nigelk
Given pricing of new camera gear recently I don't feel surprised by the price. Am I willing to pay that price is another matter.
Certainly not used to seeing a higher price in £ over $. I find the 16-85mm to be a very good lens optically so, don't know I need the f2.8, probably not at the full retail price.
I am however very happy to see continued investment in top end APS-c gear. Always nice to have options and temptations

Comment by Nigelk posted on The new DA* 16-50mm f2.8 at 15/07/2021 - 12:22

Nigelk
Looks like this long anticipated lens is close to arriving on the shelves. I'm sure it will be a great performer.

https://www.mikemuizebelt.nl/pentax-hd-16-50mm-f2-8-ed-plm-aw/

And the Ricoh site
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/star_lens/special/sp_da16-50/ind...

Comment by Nigelk posted on The new DA* 16-50mm f2.8 at 15/07/2021 - 10:36

Nigelk
I'm certainly very interested. Don't think I'll like the price but, I splashed out on the DA* 11-18mm and it does not disappoint so, if the DA* 16-50mm is made of the same stuff it will be tough to resist

Comment by Nigelk posted on New HD 16-50 in August? at 01/07/2021 - 14:42

Nigelk
The out of focus area is very interesting, in a good way. I have no idea about lenses but for fun I'll guess Lensbaby Sweet Spot

Comment by Nigelk posted on One from the garden tonight (K3iii) at 25/06/2021 - 16:14

Nigelk
Lovely set Gareth, I wouldn't expect anything less. Particularly like the young girl reclining in the pavilion and the expressions of the people on the water ride.

Comment by Nigelk posted on Image heavy - beach and funfare images at 15/06/2021 - 06:34

Nigelk
Like the low sunlight catching the buttercups in the grass

Comment by Nigelk posted on Sunset on Middleton moor at 15/06/2021 - 06:28

Nigelk
Looks like a successful day out to me, all very nice. My favorite has to be No.3 ticks all my boxes.
For this kind of shooting does the K3 III make much difference do you think?

Comment by Nigelk posted on British Super Bikes Test @ Donington Park 08/06/2021 at 15/06/2021 - 06:21

Nigelk
Good spot! Thank you for the link.
I've only had a quick scan but it seems a very thorough and informative review and over all very positive.
I'll get back to it and read it properly when I have a bit more time (coffee break over)

Comment by Nigelk posted on Neo Camera review of K3 mkIII at 08/06/2021 - 10:48

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo