Hello to all from Australia

i_trax

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 19:56
I am stubborn old Pentaxian.
Have much too many Pentax ( well , + Sigma , Tamron , Ricoh , Miranda , Petri etc with M42 & K mounts ) gear.
Recently retired , ex IT/AV Manager.
Reasonably active on pentaxforums and dpreview.
Not much Photo activities recently , had left arm titanium full reconstruction + right hand "Dupuytren's" removal.
Love traveling , can not travel right now.
Our ( Australian ) boarders are practically closed but we do not have covid-19 virus , practically at all, it is very dead here!
Now patiently waiting for new K-3lll Premium Black Kit , did get an incredible deal at AU Pentax , could not refuse it but no ETA as yet.
kind regards
jack
My Flickr link

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 15/04/2021 - 23:02
Hi Jack...welcome to the Pommie forum

Sounds like you've had a few issues to get over health wise but are still positive...well done.

Don't get to see many images from WA on here so feel free to throw a few our way.

Best Wishes

Karlo
Last Edited by 1stEverPentax on 15/04/2021 - 23:02

OldTaffy

Link Posted 16/04/2021 - 14:28
G'day Jack - all Aussies welcome here!

I spent a while in Melbourne a few years back but never got the chance to visit Perth. My wife stayed there at the time, with some old friends, before hitching a lift down to Albany on the whale-survey plane.

Like you (and many others here) I have been a longtime owner of Pentax cameras. I bought my first, the classic Spotmatic, while working in the USA in the 1960s. Still have it, but now using a KS2 most of the time.

Hope you find this group helpful and interesting; I do.

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Nigelk

Link Posted 17/04/2021 - 18:01
Welcome i_trax I think you'll find it quite sleepy here compared to the other two platforms you mention but, that's partly why I like it here, less noise.
Very much hope you'll share your thoughts and images with us and especially regarding the new K3 Mk3 when it lands in your hands.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 20/04/2021 - 20:02
Hey Jack!
Welcome aboard My mate emigrated to Oz from Wales and when we video chat he says how life is back to normal over there, practically no covid but when a case springs up is total lockdown and strict, which is good. Territories are also closed from one another he said and if travelling from one to another you have to self quarantine. Seems you're doing it over there like we should have in the UK!

Anyway, back to Pentax! Good to have you here and can't wait to see your images and make us all jealous!
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 22/04/2021 - 17:06
Welcome to the forum Jack.

Hopefully circumstances will improve so you can enjoy the new kit. Looking forward to your thoughts on the camera.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.