mrfrosty

Joined: 21st January 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

mrfrosty
I went into Currys for something else and looked at the camera stands and picked up a K30 and walked out with it and have never regretted it.
I don't rate them a all as a camera shop but sometimes things just work out well. I do not know much about camera shops but standing there listening to people getting crap advice from some staff makes me cringe.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on DA35 f2.4 AL at 25/05/2014 - 16:30

mrfrosty
Currys at Wednesbury today,
35mm 2.4 £39
50-200 mm £59
Looks like no more Pentax at Currys.
I was tempted by the 35mm as a spare coz I already have one but did not in the end , for anyone who wants a fantastic bargain this is the one.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on DA35 f2.4 AL at 24/05/2014 - 22:40

mrfrosty
Expedite Electronics.com £170.
Tamron 90mm macro £190.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on *Wanted* Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 at 21/05/2014 - 20:32

mrfrosty
I went there in March this year around the valley and a trip to the farm { great place } I don't think I am good enough to advise anyone but for what its worth I set my shutter speed to 1000 / turned off i/s / auto iso up to 3200 / got quite a few shots in focus but quite a few just not sharp . Maybe I should have closed lens down a little but for me I seem to need at least 1000 shutter speed to do any good.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on Rhayader at 18/05/2014 - 20:11

mrfrosty
Thanks again,
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on type of bird? at 16/05/2014 - 17:02

mrfrosty
Cheers for advice , maybe its because I have not seen a young version of these birds before .
Thanks again ,
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on type of bird? at 15/05/2014 - 20:03

mrfrosty
Walking home I spotted this bird a long way off but having little time I took a couple of shots with the intention of cropping to identify this creature and maybe return at some point to see if I could maybe come across him again. I am no great expert on birds but wondered if anyone could tell me what this one is called.
Massive crop on this so sorry for the quality.
Dave.Comment Image

Comment by mrfrosty posted on type of bird? at 15/05/2014 - 18:03

mrfrosty
No one interested in job lot?
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on Just a thought. at 21/02/2014 - 16:43

mrfrosty
I am going to leave this until the weekend and see if anyone wants a job lot. After that I will see how much interest in each item and price them up individually.
Thanks.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on Just a thought. at 17/02/2014 - 18:48

mrfrosty
I have been using another brand of camera and comparing to my Pentax gear I have decided to sell all my Pentax gear and keep my mirrorless gear mainly because of size and weight when walking around. I have contacted SRS for some prices and were what I expected as they have to sell on to make a profit , however on the off chance anyone would like my gear here are some details.
K30 X 2
18-55 WR
DA 55-300
35 2.4
Sigma 10-20 4-5.6
All are in perfect condition mostly less than a year old, will come boxed with all manuals /chargers / spare batteries etc.
I have never sold anything on Ebay but may give it a try .
In a perfect world I would like to sell to someone on this site and would like to meet someone so they can examine before they make a purchase. Will accept £800 for the lot .
I know it is a long shot but this is the best site I have been attached to and will miss it a lot.
Dave.

Comment by mrfrosty posted on Just a thought. at 17/02/2014 - 18:33

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo