MartynUK

Joined: 12th March 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

MartynUK
Are you looking at jpegs Darren, or the RAW images? If it's the jpegs, it could be there's a setting on the camera that needs adjusting.

If it's the RAW image, then apart from checking that you haven't got the EV setting at a minus (which I don't think should happen anyway in auto mode) I've no idea.

Of course, looking through the viewfinder won't be any indication of how well exposed the image will be - you need to look at the preview and histogram on the LCD screen.

Comment by MartynUK posted on Advice Please at 29/12/2011 - 13:09

MartynUK
There are several depth of field apps that are worth getting. The one I have is by essence computing I think - it's quite sophisticated and includes a graphic representation and lots of settings - and I've just added a new exposure calculator to it.

You can also get a Flickr app.

.....and loads of others which, if you're like me, you'll download and never use!

I also find the met office weather forecasting useful along with an app called windguru which is aimed at kite surfers but has a useful indication of forecast cloud cover too.

Enjoy!
Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on Photographic 'Apps' at 29/12/2011 - 13:04

MartynUK
If you've got a K5 and decide NOT to use the carrying strap for whatever reason be careful of the metal hooks on the camera.

Theyoriginally come protected from the camera by a small cover - but these easily come off with use. They did on mine... with the result that one of the metal clasps has marked the body near the top LCD panel.

I'd hate anyone to spoil their Xmas present!

Comment by MartynUK posted on New K5 Users - a word of caution re strap! at 24/12/2011 - 18:15

MartynUK
Now on their way to Geoff..

Comment by MartynUK posted on replacement batteries - K10D etc at 23/12/2011 - 15:36

MartynUK
Hello back from Northamptonshire!

I think there are several of us on the forum.... could become a Pentax hot-spot !!

Enjoy the camera - especially the low-light performance!

Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on Hello from Northamptonshire at 23/12/2011 - 15:32

MartynUK
I've got 5 replacement batteries (4 x 1800mA and 1 x1500mA) which I had with my K10D (now replaced by K5!)

Some of them hold their charge better than others, so I'd be reluctant to sell them separately for fear of giving someone a less than good one.

So... £10 the lot inc. postage via paypal gift

They are replacement DL150 - not sure which cameras they fit apart from K10D

Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on replacement batteries - K10D etc at 21/12/2011 - 17:02

MartynUK
I currently have the non-os Sigma 120-400mm and have generally been pretty pleased with it for general wildlife.

I currently have to option of upgrading to the newer os 150-500mm version and am wondering whether it's actually worth it - particularly as some reviews show the sharpness at the longer end to be wanting.

Just wondered if anyone else has made the change and are pleased with the result?

Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on Upgrade from 120-400mm - sigma 150-500mm os worth it? at 21/12/2011 - 15:18

MartynUK
It's a good job I'm a patient man.

Last week I sent my K5 for a warranty repair as the card reader was no longer functioning. When I phone before I sent it they told be it could be between 5 and 15 days depending on whether they needed to order parts.

Today (1 week later) I phone to check all was ok, to be told that it hadn't been inspected yet, and that was unlikely to happen for another 3-4days.

I'm not complaining about that exactly - but if they DO have to order a part then it's going to take AGES. Surely the sensible thing would be to organise things so that repairs are inspected on arrival, so that any parts can be ordered while it's in the queue for attention?

Ok.... rant over. Just want my K5 back!!

Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on Pentax Repair Service at 28/11/2011 - 15:38

MartynUK
Same problem with K5... just incase anyone searches this post.

The problem turned out to be a piece of the memory card had snapped off in the slot and wouldn't budge. It was lodged in the bottom of the card slot so, although a card could be inserted and could be read, it was being prevented from going right into the slot.

Finally retrieved the broken piece, but now the slot doesn't seem to work at all - I guess it must have been faulty in the first place, otherwise the card wouldn't have got the edge snapped off. So off to Pentax.

Martyn

Comment by MartynUK posted on k20d Memory card slot spring wont lock at 19/11/2011 - 17:41

MartynUK
I've always used Epson.. but was tempted by (and bought!) the Canon IX6550 as well... simply because of the competitive price for an A3+ printer, coupled with reasonably good reviews.

I haven't done much with it yet though.. a couple of test prints that look reasonable. But I'm aware so much depends on monitor calibration and profiles etc that I'm going on a steep learning curve before I pass judgement. Looks good so far anyway!

Comment by MartynUK posted on Inexpensive printer at 15/10/2011 - 11:11

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo