K30pete

Joined: 6th July 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

K30pete
I'm using Sunwayfoto, don't let it put you off that's it from a Chinese manufacturer as it's very well made. Comment Image

Comment by K30pete posted on Tripod QR Plate at 25/04/2015 - 14:49

K30pete
If you decide to glue a ring in I would recommend Loctite 330 Multibond, not the cheapest stuff out there but it will be a really strong "repair". (..and no need for tape)

Comment by K30pete posted on Broken filter thread at 17/03/2015 - 22:26

K30pete
AuraTodd wrote:
Quote:
I keep sachets of silica gel in my camera bag
I have one in with my camera.
I keep my camera gear in a flight case and also use silica gel sachets, just keep in mind they become saturated with moisture at some point and need to be replaced.

Comment by K30pete posted on Cheap Lenses on E bay at 04/03/2015 - 18:28

K30pete
I'm a leftie but have trained myself to be ambidextrous (well...sort of).
As my right eye is dominant using a right handed camera feels just natural.

Comment by K30pete posted on couple of Q at 03/03/2015 - 17:46

K30pete
I got a Hanimex 135mm f2.8 manual for £6.50, not used it yet as it has quite some fungus and currently I'm in the process of removing it.

Comment by K30pete posted on Cheap Lenses on E bay at 02/03/2015 - 18:14

K30pete
Thanks to all for your replies!

I have the Tiffen ND 3.0 filter in 52mm (£19.90 from Ebay).

About the WB settings, I have tried the settings with and without the filter on.

I bought this filter last week as it was recommended by a friend who is using the same filter (not on Pentax gear) without any issues aside from some colour cast, he is suggesting to swap our filters (luckily we using both 52mm) and see what happens then. Just wondering if I might have received a faulty copy...

Regards, Peter

Comment by K30pete posted on Issue when using a ND filter. at 03/11/2014 - 20:49

K30pete
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
Hi Peter

Don't have any experience of the Tiffen 3.0 nd myself so unfortunately can't help with that directly, but do shoot with nd filters a fair bit. All 10 stop filters that I've used have had a colour cast of some kind (I always have white balance set either to AWB or daylight): B&W tend to have a magenta cast (often tricky to remove in post), HiTech a bright blue cast and low contrast (sometimes tricky to fix in post), Lee blueish cast (always possible in my experience to remove in post). I use Lr5, and adjust white balance manually. Just wondering if you're shooting RAW or jpeg? RAW files should usually be recoverable, jpegs less so. Otherwise, am as baffled as you. Good luck with the investigations!

Best
Thanks Bill!

I always shoot RAW and was surprised as well I couldn't recover any in Lightroom.

Comment by K30pete posted on Issue when using a ND filter. at 02/11/2014 - 21:00

K30pete
Yes I did, without the filter everything was fine. I took some shots indoors this afternoon on a dark green and a bright green object with artificial light on it and I did get some green tones in my images.

Comment by K30pete posted on Issue when using a ND filter. at 02/11/2014 - 20:47

K30pete
Hi all,

This weekend I had my first attempt with long exposure shots and have used a Tiffen ND 3.0 filter on a 18-55WR lens. I went through the white balance settings during shooting as well during processing in Lightroom but no green colours at all in my images.

Just wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Regards, Peter
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by K30pete posted on Issue when using a ND filter. at 02/11/2014 - 20:16

K30pete
All the best Eddie, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Peter

Comment by K30pete posted on A Plea to All Members - Please help at 01/11/2014 - 17:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo