All Forum Comments
Comment by K2000 posted on Hi from Argyll at 27/04/2013 - 13:53
Horst wrote:
Manual focussing and a split screen viewfinder.
I would fit my SMC-A 35-70 and thats it.
Regards, Horst
Now that's an idea. Yes. Bought myself a K1000 new from Comet around 1977 with my part time shelf stacking money (was still at school). Cut my photographic teeth on it. Excellent no frills camera (like many others of course) which makes you think what you're doing Quote:
Link Posted 16/10/2012 - 13:59
This camera is a no brainer, simple and quick.
I've lost count on how many years I have owned mine.
I just wish Pentax would come up with a manual digital "RAW" DSLR, without a menu to plod through, and leave us photographers to get on with the shot.
Dobson
Exactly my sentiments. I could be quite inexpensive and one could drag it around without having to worry to much if it gets a scratch or ding.Link Posted 16/10/2012 - 13:59
This camera is a no brainer, simple and quick.
I've lost count on how many years I have owned mine.
I just wish Pentax would come up with a manual digital "RAW" DSLR, without a menu to plod through, and leave us photographers to get on with the shot.
Dobson
Manual focussing and a split screen viewfinder.
I would fit my SMC-A 35-70 and thats it.
Regards, Horst
Comment by K2000 posted on Pentax K1000 at 27/04/2013 - 12:26
Very nice indeed. You east coast guys get all the decent sunrises
Comment by K2000 posted on Blyth Beach at 26/04/2013 - 23:50
Excellent - that's solved the mystery. Thanks
Comment by K2000 posted on Switch-on noise at 26/04/2013 - 23:38
I have ME and MX - both great in their day. Had a K1000 to, cut my teeth on it in fact - very good basic camera but give me an MX/ME andy day. Not an ME Super though........
Comment by K2000 posted on Buying an Old Manual Focus SLR at 26/04/2013 - 22:16
Hi good people - I've just bought a S/H K2000 with a couple of lenses for what I think was a decent price. Finally decided to take the plunge and move on from my 35mm Pentax setup owned by me from new since around 1977 with bits accumulated into the 80s (K2/MX/ME etc) (
One issue I'd like to ask opinion on if I may - when I switch on the K2000 there is an immediate chattering noise, sort of like 3 or 4 drumbeats in a row) with associated vibration. This happens with any lens fitted.
The family also has a Nikon DSLR which makes no such noise. Is there a problem with the K2000 which I should have addressed?
advice appreciated.......
cheers
One issue I'd like to ask opinion on if I may - when I switch on the K2000 there is an immediate chattering noise, sort of like 3 or 4 drumbeats in a row) with associated vibration. This happens with any lens fitted.
The family also has a Nikon DSLR which makes no such noise. Is there a problem with the K2000 which I should have addressed?
advice appreciated.......
cheers
Comment by K2000 posted on Switch-on noise at 26/04/2013 - 21:08


Decent selection of K mount lenses which I'll experiment with on the digital body< but I suspect I'm going to declare all the film kit surplus to requirements soon, perhaps apart from a few key items......we'll see.