johna

Joined: 9th April 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

johna
Hi

I did try reconnect as one of the first things, but did not change anyhting. Still all my old images are not available, folders appear on the left but they appear almost greyed out where as the new folders created from downloading images straight to lap top appear bright and bold. I wonder if i have managed just to import all the folders but not the actual images, is this even possible? Or could it be that I am using a trial version of PSE14?

Thanks

Comment by johna posted on copying images to and external hard drive and then to new lap top. at 18/03/2016 - 14:54

johna
Hi

So I copied all my images to an external drive and then to my new lap top. I am now using Win 10 and I have also got the rial version of PSE 14, I was previously using 7 on my old lap top. I htought I had copied photos over but when I go to find then in PSE organiser they all come up wit a grey background and a question mark. Any new shote I have taken and loaded directly onto my lap top seem OK. I know there is this issue about not been connected to original files but not sure I understand it. I thnik I need to start again. Any advice would be welcome please. I am thinking perhaps I copied then across form my old lap top to the hard drive incorrectly?

Comment by johna posted on copying images to and external hard drive and then to new lap top. at 18/03/2016 - 10:13

johna
Hi

So i fished my current lenses out at the weekend and I discovered OI do actually own a 55 - 300 pentax lens. So question is if I did want a bit extra how would this lens perform with a convertor and can you recommend a which convertors are available and are they any good. I have never used one but I never really see anyone suggesting these an option, usually suggesting to buy the bigger lens. I am interested to see what you guys think about tele convertors? My other lens is the 16 - 55 so not sure if a convertor woiuld also work with this and what advantage it would offer

Comment by johna posted on Telephoto lens for birds/wildlife at 23/02/2016 - 11:25

johna
Hi

I did consider looking for one of these but I think the extra length the 500 would offer would be benficial. I know it would be a lot more expensive but I think I maybe regret it if I did opt for the 320 in the long run??? What are your thoughts on the gap between the two?

Comment by johna posted on Telephoto lens for birds/wildlife at 17/02/2016 - 14:42

johna
Hi

I am looking for a telephoto lens to allow me to capture decent images of birds and other wildlife, especially in my garden. I really don’t want to spend a fortune if it can be helped but neither do I want to buy a lens that is cheap but not that cheerful. Any suggestions please I have a K 50. If I could be sure of getting a very good second hand lens then I have no probs with that.

Comment by johna posted on Telephoto lens for birds/wildlife at 17/02/2016 - 10:24

johna
I am also looking for a printer. I have an HP that is now around 10 years old, but have not used it for 2 years or more. I am just reigniting my love for photography. The problems I have encountered in the past which I found frustrating was what I got form the printer never really matched how the image looked on my lap top, colour wise and contrast wise. I never seemed to be able to get the borders even on the prints and sometimes borders would not appear on one side perhaps. I realise this may have been more to do with my inexperience. I expect things in the printer world will have changed since I bought the HP. I am wondering if I would also be better buying a standalone monitor to use with my lap top just for printing purposes, my thoughts are that I would, somehow, be able to sync this better with a printer so I could get a much better colour and contrast match. Is there any evidence out there that suggests in the future we will be able to move away from ink basked printers and still get outstanding prints produced, without breaking the bank?

Comment by johna posted on Which printer? at 17/02/2016 - 10:16

johna
I have been using PSE 7 as my imaging editing software. I have been out of photography for a few years and now going to get back into it. I have just bought new laptop running windows 10. I am thinking of getting the latest version of PSE, 14 I think. But I see there is also called PSE + Premier Elements and or light room. I am not sure what these other add ons are or if they are worth considering. Any advice would be very welcome please. I would not consider photoshop as too expensive and TBH I found using the raw editor in pse 7 was pretty good.

Comment by johna posted on photshop elements or another package\\\\\\/ at 15/02/2016 - 20:54

johna
Hi

have only ever used Duracel batteries or similar. I left a set in or almost a year and win I come to use it I noticed that the top and bottom connectors were corroded and had a bluish deposit on them. I cleaned with vinegar and it seemed to do the job, when I turned it on it did turn on. However, next time it did not. So now I have to turn t on and off several times to get it to stay on, sometimes it is OK for 1 or 2 shots and then have to repeat the progress, sometimes it does not come on at all. I am assuming the connections are buggered and it would probably be cheaper to get a new body.

Comment by johna posted on New camera body to replace K100D at 08/02/2016 - 19:04

johna
Thanks for the advice guys. I would be happy to buy a good second hand body, assuming I could find one.

Comment by johna posted on New camera body to replace K100D at 08/02/2016 - 12:43

johna
Hi

I have a K100d which is giving me gret trouble. It is very temperemental when turning on. It was left a for a while with old batteries in and I think this has damged it. Anyway I am thinking I would like to buy a new pentax body that will accomadte both the lenses I currenlty have that fits K100D. Any suggestions please, or do i really need to buy another K100D body. it would be nice to have something a bit lighter if poss, without spending a fortune.

Comment by johna posted on New camera body to replace K100D at 08/02/2016 - 10:27

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo