JasonRawlings

Joined: 1st February 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

JasonRawlings
bforbes wrote:
JasonRawlings wrote:
Still waiting for my order that I won on the 17th Feb, I been told twice now that he has sent it out, first time the 18 feb, then last monday, so I'm about to file a complaint with PayPal and get my money back.
do you mind if i ask what it was you ordered
It was PENTAX K Wide Angle Tokura 28mm f2.8 Item number: 290290578845

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on eBay seller "pentaxuseruk" at 06/03/2009 - 14:34

JasonRawlings
Still waiting for my order that I won on the 17th Feb, I been told twice now that he has sent it out, first time the 18 feb, then last monday, so I'm about to file a complaint with PayPal and get my money back.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on eBay seller "pentaxuseruk" at 06/03/2009 - 14:24

JasonRawlings
Welcome to the forums

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Hello from Toronto, Canada at 06/03/2009 - 11:28

JasonRawlings
It's the same as the Pentax AF360, so the model number you need is the OM-PZ8.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Sto-fen diffuser with Jessops 360AFD at 06/03/2009 - 09:58

JasonRawlings
Daniel Bridge wrote:
JasonRawlings wrote:
This is where my problem is, I read a magazine and it had a lens test, and I could see that the image was by far alot better on the pentax, and it got a really bad mark compared to the canon which was shocking bad. And I just thought what the hell.
http://www.danielbridge.co.uk/blog/2008/10/often-as-pentax-user-i-feel-that-pent...

Dan
There's some really good blog work there Dan, plus I may be asking for more details on your courses as well.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 18:29

JasonRawlings
JPC1970 wrote:
Jason
I just had a look at Practical Photography on their website and I may give it a shot along with Pentax User.[/quote]They have just started a 6 month's digital slr course too.[/quote]Yeah I signed up for that as well.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 18:25

JasonRawlings
JPC1970 wrote:
I generally find Practical Photography to be a good mag most of the time.

Jason
I just had a look at Practical Photography on their website and I may give it a shot along with Pentax User.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 15:44

JasonRawlings
Vormulac wrote:
I get Practical Photography and on occasion Digital Photo and Digital Camera. To be honest I know they repeat their content every 6 months or so, but I like Digital Photo, I find I learn some tiny nuance of PS with the videos on the cover-disk every month, even if it's nothing groundbreaking. What does irritate me though is the way they wail on Pentax - I know this is nothing new, everyone does it, but when they do their kit reviews of stuff they stack them up beside all the others, praise the kit and then give it a shockingly low mark for no discernable reason apart from the odd 'Menus look dated' or something equally subjective/banal. The worst one was this month or last month where they tested the cameras themselves and the K20 was clearly producing shots that were superior to all except the Nikon D90 and you couldn't really tell the difference between those two, the text freely admitted that it was at least as good as the D90 and then the D90 got 5 stars and the K20 got 4 stars - the same as *all* the others. It's blatant bias, and as a Pentaxian you accept that as a simple fact of life, but what is unforgivable is that it puts the wrong impression into the heads of people who don't know any better and might genuinely have been prepared to give all brands a try.

Oh blimey, sorry about the hijack/rant.
This is where my problem is, I read a magazine and it had a lens test, and I could see that the image was by far alot better on the pentax, and it got a really bad mark compared to the canon which was shocking bad. And I just thought what the hell.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 15:42

JasonRawlings
How often does pentax user come out, and what's AP sorry for sound dumb.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 12:35

JasonRawlings
I'm still new to SLR photography and I've been looking at all the different mags you can get. But all I keep finding is they seem only care about Canon or Nikon owners.
I love the Pentax and was just trying to learn afew more tips and tricks, and how to use my Camera better.

Comment by JasonRawlings posted on Which Photography Mag is the best. at 05/03/2009 - 12:12

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo