ikillrocknroll

Joined: 14th December 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ikillrocknroll
Theye only too dark if there are no/very few highlights
I would say they were fine - theres no point in trying to make an overcast sky look like one big blown out highlight anyway.

The last, although dark in places, is well composed and very nice.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Pictures through glass at 07/01/2008 - 18:00

ikillrocknroll
The vignetting on the first on the lower left is distracting on screen (though I imagine not so in print)

Otherwise, nice work.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on LightRoom effects at 09/01/2008 - 19:54

ikillrocknroll
If you just need the layers, try saving in TIFF - it might be smaller
HTH
Rob.

And as martin said, compressing to RAW or ZIP would also decrease image size, maybe 1mb or 2.

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Resizing a PSD file? at 05/01/2008 - 18:10

ikillrocknroll
Well then he got caught in the act!

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Pentax vs. Canon Users.. at 05/01/2008 - 18:23

ikillrocknroll
This is why Canon users dont get the shots
Hahah.

Comment Image


Well, I found it funny.
I think its a Canon lens at least, sorry if I'm wrong, I just saw the image and found it funny

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Pentax vs. Canon Users.. at 05/01/2008 - 17:13

ikillrocknroll
Quote:
ikillrocknroll wrote:
Just you, mine works fine when I wiggle it
Could it be, i saw you do some testing on canon lenses earlyer
Martin
*applauds*

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Question about K100D SR at 05/01/2008 - 18:39

ikillrocknroll
Just you, mine works fine when I wiggle it

I wouldnt worry however
SR is going to be useless past 1"

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Question about K100D SR at 05/01/2008 - 17:21

ikillrocknroll
To get a 6mp image out of it, good enough for printing however, the sensor would have to be ridiculously big!

Think on the terms of, large format version of a digital camera, increased in size!

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Refocus!? at 05/01/2008 - 18:13

ikillrocknroll
Quote:
There's also these:
http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/lfcamera/lfcamera-150dpi.pdf
http://www.cfar.umd.edu/~jneumann/videogeometry/polydioptric.htm
http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/lfcamera/

The snag is that the 16 mega pixels of the sensor are only down to 90,000 microlenses. So you get lower effective resolution - because the distance information is spread across multiple sensor sites.

At least that's how I read it.... I could be wrong of course
Matt
I think you're right.
It seems to me as if the sensor is split if you like, and the image is recorded well, quite a few times - the quality of the images on the refocus website are very low res, low quality, and none of them sharp

It doesnt really interest me if im honest, I dont see the problem with focusing, especially when its not even manual.

Oh, and good luck when it does come out carrying round memory cards with you - if you can store about 150 RAWs on a 2GB card, then you wont be able to store many refocus pictures

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Refocus!? at 05/01/2008 - 17:09

ikillrocknroll
Quote:


...I find the Pentax is easily corrected in PP as it's nice and linear whereas the Sigma seems to give that moustache-like wavy distortion (from what I've seen). It could probably be corrected but would undoubtably involve more work...
Just to let you know, the program PTlens has a database of lenses that it can automatically sort out distortion for, whether it be barrel, pincushion, or a combination (moustache; as in the sigma)

Comment by ikillrocknroll posted on Pentax 12-24 at 05/01/2008 - 18:20

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo