Horst

Joined: 15th January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Horst
Best picture I have seen of Melbourne. Even the Yarra river looks clean.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Melbourne at 28/05/2019 - 14:29

Horst
It has arrived. I received the lens yesterday. It is in prestine condition.
While I was waiting, I did some practice shots with my A-50mm f1.4 to lern about shooting wide open.
This helped a lot.
When the lens arrived, I went in to my backyard and made some test exposures. I found it easier to focus at f1.2 than at f1.4.
Here are some samples:

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


On this one I focused on the tree and not on the leaves.
Comment Image


This is really a great lens. It feels good too.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Should I buy a Pentax-A SMC 50mm F1.2 Lens? at 01/05/2018 - 13:19

Horst
Well, you guys convinced me. I did order the Pentax-A 1.2 from Japan. Now the waiting starts.
At least Japan Post is very reliable and reasonable fast.
I have bought lenses from Japan before and they have always been first class.
It cost me about $A750.-. There is no import duty under $A1000.- Which makes it worth while.

Thank you for all your interesting comments.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Should I buy a Pentax-A SMC 50mm F1.2 Lens? at 25/04/2018 - 00:36

Horst
Thank you for your comments and help. I suppose you are all quite right . The difference between 1.4 a,d 1.2 are very small. I would be nice to have one, but after reading your advise, I think I stick to my f-1.4.

Thanks again, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Should I buy a Pentax-A SMC 50mm F1.2 Lens? at 19/04/2018 - 23:13

Horst
I am in 2 minds. I have been reading the reviews for the 50mm f1/2 A lens.

I have saved enough to buy one. They are between 700 and 850 $AU from Japan and there is no Import duty, because it is below $1000.-

No the thing is, I own an A 50 mm f1.4 and a F-50mm f1,4 lens. the question is, is it worth the 800 dollars to invest in an A-f1.2 lens or not. I can not see a big difference because of 1/2 a f-stop.
I realize all the business with DOF and softness wide open, but it may be useful.

Do any of you hav this or better still the 1,4 and 1.2 lens and what do you think.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Should I buy a Pentax-A SMC 50mm F1.2 Lens? at 19/04/2018 - 10:30

Horst
The spotmatic was the most elegant SLR camera ever made. No other SLR camera came even near it.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Using Old Pentax Lenses on Newer Pentax Cameras at 15/06/2017 - 15:30

Horst
Here is a link to settle the question of the M42 thread.

link

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Using Old Pentax Lenses on Newer Pentax Cameras at 15/06/2017 - 02:00

Horst
Quote:
Algernon wrote:

In the 60's and 70's the M42 thread was widely known as the Pentax-Edixa thread.
I believe it was actually called an Pentax-Praktica mount.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Using Old Pentax Lenses on Newer Pentax Cameras at 14/06/2017 - 08:57

Horst
McGregNi wrote:

Quote:
I feel it would be more concerning if they kept charging on and on and you couldn't stop the payments, that would be unfair. They're not getting your money, so it's the website's loss. Maybe the feedback can be heard and an automatic renewal option restored?
Fair comment. Worth while thinking about this on my part.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Good bye at 20/01/2017 - 07:11

Horst
I am leaving this forum as from today.

Why? Because until now the plus membership renewing was automatic and the premium for the Plus membership was automatically deducted from my account.
However this time I received some email which required me to fill out all sorts of forms to do this within 14 days.
I was away on holidays and just arrived back to read an email to say that I was no longer a plus member.
Well ,If the management is not capable of renewing my membership automatically so be it.
I really could not be bothered spending the time to satisfy the whims of some people who change something just to justify they're existence

It was nice knowing many of you over the years. your contributions where quite often helpful.
I had my disagreements with the management, but this is not the reason.

I wish you all the best for the future.

Regards, Horst

Comment by Horst posted on Good bye at 20/01/2017 - 04:20

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo