hefty1

Joined: 28th June 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

hefty1
Very nice! I might even copy the pair of you and pop over there this weekend m'self...

Comment by hefty1 posted on RE: Stow School Gardens at 08/11/2007 - 14:40

hefty1
Quote:

While perusing the SRS website, I came upon a Tamron 300mm F2.8 for £350. At that price I could not resist and it is at this very moment mounted on my K10D and pointing out the window at a bird feeder.
Congrats! Guess you won't be needing the 70-300 after all then?

Comment by hefty1 posted on LBA strikes at 09/11/2007 - 13:07

hefty1
Sounds like you got an excellent deal! Wish I could find bargains like that...

Comment by hefty1 posted on A good deal? at 08/11/2007 - 10:15

hefty1
Quote:


I'm tempted to put it all on ebay - to get some more om my current £300 i got so far.

I will let you know if I made the deal
Good luck!

If you do end up putting it all on eBay then I would recommend splitting it into 3 auctions (one for each lens, one for the camera) as you will almost certainly get more money than if you sell all 3 items as one lot.

You'll soon have enough for the Pentax macro - you know that's what you want really!

Comment by hefty1 posted on A good deal? at 07/11/2007 - 10:20

hefty1
Quote:
I believe the 50mm goes for around the same price on ebay these days?
I recently sold an M50/1.4 (not as desirable as the A version) with a little fungus on it for £56, see: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320152788107

Based on this, and what I've noticed others fetching, I would imagine the A-50mm would double your £45 outlay on its own - good find!

Comment by hefty1 posted on A good deal? at 07/11/2007 - 09:22

hefty1
It seems almost worth that wet summer we had now we're getting such glorious autumn colours

Comment by hefty1 posted on Oxfordshire in Colour at 06/11/2007 - 21:06

hefty1
I've just spent the last hour scouring eBay and I see what you mean - not exactly hard-to-come-by are they?

I wasn't going to buy any more lenses right now but I may have to make an exception - almost too cheap not to buy one!

Comment by hefty1 posted on Cheap Shots at 06/11/2007 - 19:19

hefty1
I really like the look of the Helios in the last pic - are these all M42 mount or are any of them K mount?

Comment by hefty1 posted on Cheap Shots at 06/11/2007 - 18:02

hefty1
Quote:
Something nice and simple for me. As I've just been outside tinkering with night time photography I was thinking that it would be nice to have the option to slightly illuminate some of the buttons on the back of the camera.


Suppose I need to buy a small torch
Welcome, and yes you probably will!

Although you wouldn't think it would be that tricky to backlight the rear buttons would you? They could be on the same button you use to light up the shoulder display

Comment by hefty1 posted on If I ruled the (Pentax) world... at 10/11/2007 - 20:22

hefty1
Quote:
I'd settle for Wifii (with web function to push images to your favorite web server/site or computer), bluetooth (on both flash units and body for p-ttl, and gps tagging), color temperature controls built into the flash for matching available light, hdr function, on the dial or at least as a custom function. Enough built-in memory (4 gigs) to make memory cards optional.
Great list I hope someone from Pentax is reading this...

You can have the wifi bit now: http://www.eye.fi

Comment by hefty1 posted on If I ruled the (Pentax) world... at 10/11/2007 - 20:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo