Gravelrash

Joined: 6th October 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Gravelrash
Nice one. Enjoy. Good luck

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Newbie here! at 01/08/2014 - 21:36

Gravelrash
I would probably give it a go but you may have a steep learning curve.

The problem with the camera is that age will not be good to the seals so it may be fine but on the other hand may not be economically repairable.

The lenses are easier to check. If the optics are clear and the iris is snappy all's good and you could get your money back on eBay I reckon.

If you are new to photography I would recommend finding an early DSLR such as the "ist" series, which you could get for a little more and is a heck of a lot more user friendly.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Newbie here! at 01/08/2014 - 21:13

Gravelrash
Don't try this without a flash. Buy one, borrow one, rent one but get one and learn how to use it.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on First Wedding Jitters HELP at 26/07/2014 - 11:45

Gravelrash
Glad you bumped it. Sheffield's not a bad run on the bike from Manchester if we continue with decent weather. Would be happy to get a look.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Photography exhibition at 08/07/2014 - 00:46

Gravelrash
davidrobinson wrote:
What camera was used for these?
Regards David
The exif says K-5.

Brilliant shots. Say no more

Comment by Gravelrash posted on A few more from Northumberland at 08/07/2014 - 00:39

Gravelrash
Or if you get flustered just leave it centre weighted, record in RAW and fix it later. Works for me.

The mistake I made was running my shutter too fast for the prop planes. So I would go with shutter priority at somewhere near the 200 mark for them but MikeP is the owner of this little corner of the photographic universe. He'll probably tell you numbers for each plane haha

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Exposure Compensation at 07/07/2014 - 23:12

Gravelrash
Well if you say it was moving too fast for a plane I believe you. It does resemble something akin to a C17 apart from the tail seems disproportionately large.

Cool pic

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Moon Picture + Space station? at 07/07/2014 - 19:42

Gravelrash
I miss the old days. If this was in a pub we would be watching flying bar stools whilst swimming in a lake of blood, beer and broken glass.

I guess heavily pressing a keyboard is the way to go but nowhere near as photogenic.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Please Sort It Out at 07/07/2014 - 19:19

Gravelrash
Horst wrote:
Marat wrote:

Quote:
but in the last 24hrs since I said my hi, I've a couple of members say hi back and that's all,
What do you expect, a bunch of flowers and a cake?

Get on with the forum, post some pictures and then we all know what you are about.

But whinging from the first day onwards, is really not what its all about.
.
Just get in to it. Post some controversial subjects and you'll get plenty of reply's.

regards, Horst
I don't think he was being too unrealistic about a welcome.

Some, including myself, feel like an intrusion when stepping into an established group for the first time. It can make a huge difference if people just say Hi and Welcome, which I have been guilty of not doing so... Hi Marat, Sorry we have run out of cake and flowers lol.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on Please Sort It Out at 03/07/2014 - 10:39

Gravelrash
Love these. The moire in the first gives the impression it's still moving as I scroll the page

Great pictures. Inspiring.

Comment by Gravelrash posted on The Hoppings. at 29/06/2014 - 02:12

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo