A few more from Northumberland

jvs

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 16:05
Grateful for some tips for local sites from Alan (Blythman) which led to these birds, plus a few scenic shots of a lovely Seahouses evening. All comments/criticism welcome!

John

tyronet2000

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 17:16
Love the landscape shots but think the copyright notice is a bit of a distraction
Regards
Stan

PPG

Blythman

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 17:38
Fabulous action with the swallows John. Lovely light on the water at Seahouses, and like the person apparently walking on it in #6
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Last Edited by Blythman on 07/07/2014 - 17:39

geordie01

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 17:44
Ah yes you cannot beat a bit of Northumberland.

davidrobinson

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 22:28
They are all excellent but Northumberland takes some beating. I agree with Stan reduce or remove the copyright notice and then the Northumberland Coast would be back where it should be "Top Dog".
Regards David
Last Edited by davidrobinson on 07/07/2014 - 22:29

davidrobinson

Link Posted 07/07/2014 - 22:34
Forgot to ask, haven't seen you much recently on the site, where have you been? What camera was used for these? The Swallow photos are spot on and the coast photos are just as I remember Northumberland's sunsets.
Regards David
Last Edited by davidrobinson on 07/07/2014 - 22:38

K10D

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 00:07
All good. Some wonderful landscape/seascape shots to boot.

That spuggie looks like it's been out all night in Hartlepool.

Best regards

Gravelrash

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 00:39
davidrobinson wrote:
What camera was used for these?
Regards David

The exif says K-5.

Brilliant shots. Say no more
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?

davidtrout

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 08:50
wonderful images here, in particular I love the seascapes. The distant outline of Bamburgh Castle is superb.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

Prieni

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 13:02
Excellent seascapes! (The bird shots are not less competent, it's just that the subject doesn't interest me too much.)

Looking at the images I wonder if they would look more pleasing to the viewer unaware of the lay of the land if they would be mirrored. Difficult to choose a favourite between 4, 5 and 6.
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page

Stridey

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 14:25
Nobbit question here, Gravelrash - how can you see the EXIF data for these shots ? I assume it's a right-click on the mouse but I can't see which option after that !

Thanks
Nigel
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

wvbarnes

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 14:29
Stridey wrote:
Nobbit question here, Gravelrash - how can you see the EXIF data for these shots ? I assume it's a right-click on the mouse but I can't see which option after that !

Thanks
Nigel

I was put on to FxIF plugin for my Firefox browser on Windows 8.1

jvs

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 15:21
Thanks to all for your kind comments - I must say that I really do like the seascapes myself. I went up to Northumberland expressly for the Farne Islands trip, but needed to walk off a huge serving of fish n chips the night before the trip and fell lucky with the light (which was nowhere near as good on the islands the next day!)

I agree about the intrusive copyright thing - I was messing about in Photoshop and ended up making a bit of a mess of the batch processing, but should have spotted it earlier. Should have added that the shots are all with the K-5; the birds with Sigma 120-400 and the scapes with the Pentax 18-135, which is a lens I really like for speed and sharpness.

In reply to David Robinson above, I've been here all the time, but I'm not a prolific poster! Mainly because I still regard myself as a novice and am frequently overawed by the quality of so many posts which mine don't match up to. I've got a few landscapes I could ask for comments on, so maybe I should be a bit more active!

If you've read all this and are still awake, thanks again!
John

davidstorm

Link Posted 08/07/2014 - 18:25
These are beautiful shots, all of them. I agree about the watermark, but there's no criticism from me on the photography front.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

McGregNi

Link Posted 09/07/2014 - 12:36
Lovely seascapes, so atmospheric I can hear and feel the water and hear the seagulls just by looking! Beautiful diffused lighting and the layered contrast really makes these special.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.