frob

Joined: 13th November 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

frob
My intense sympathy- I managed to get the connecting ring stuck on my K-r by cross threading it. Took me weeks to finally get it off. i hope you have more luck. The little knob pushes down away from the lens BTW.

Best wishes,
Rob

Comment by frob posted on Stuck Tubes - Help ! at 19/06/2014 - 22:07

frob
Hi one and all- I have an out of warranty K5, with 25000 on the clock, that has being doing the flappy mirror histrionics for about a month now Sometimes it's ok and then it flaps away manically whenever I touch a button, and often it just does it without touching any thing. Added to this the the shutter fires on its own. Seems to go away as the battery loses charge but I have not proved that emphatically as of yet.
It came via Ebay, but I have SRS's original sales receipt so a call will be in order soon me thinks.

Take care,
Rob

Comment by frob posted on K5 randomly releasing mirror upon half-way press of the shutter at 11/06/2014 - 20:38

frob
I'll have a No.4 and 2 nan breads please.

Comment by frob posted on Nyonya Chicken Lakse at 18/05/2014 - 23:14

frob
Very interesting stuff is all this. I have been a member for a few months and have come to regard the forum as a valued resource for dealing with my Pentax trials, tribulations and frustrations and totally appreciate the depth of knowledge and experience contained in these pages.
As to posting photos I doubt that will happen for a good while yet. This is a hobby for me and am very aware of my own shortcomings but when I do get a shot in focus and vaguely interesting I will think about it.

Rob

Comment by frob posted on What has happened? at 18/05/2014 - 04:17

frob
Sorry Matty- message sent.

Comment by frob posted on FS: Pentax K5iis & Pentax DA18-135mm WR at 12/02/2014 - 06:03

frob
PM sent 23.01 on the 11-02-014

Comment by frob posted on FS: Pentax K5iis & Pentax DA18-135mm WR at 11/02/2014 - 23:02

frob
I use a tablet (Microsoft surface)when I'm away from home, and transfer directly from the camera via USB to that- do a basic sort - and then copy to a Seagate 1TB backup drive, which is only slightly bigger than a reasonably sized smart phone.

Each to her, and his, own.

Rob.

Comment by frob posted on SD card backup? at 02/02/2014 - 15:52

frob
Quote:
kh1234567890 wrote:

You can always leave Faststone to display the embedded JPEG and then hit the 'A' key to see the demosaiced RAW if needed.
Thanks for that- never thought to use it before


Quote:
McGregNi Wrote:
This really tips the balance in favour a cataloging type of programme
I am just appalling at catalogueing and I dont want to use Lightroom for purely pig headed reasons so I will take a look at your suggestion.

Many thanks all
Rob

Comment by frob posted on Any ideas what is happening here? at 19/12/2013 - 21:39

frob
Hi all- it appears the mystery is solved. Following the advice below I have adjusted the Faststone settings as suggested. Artifacts gone totally- even off that 2nd shot I posted, but it is painfully slow (on my PC) and the a JPEG conversion at 100% is rather large so no example as no time to go back and reduce it.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/115941-k-7-banding-d...

So many thanks for your patience and advice. Camera has been reset and firmware updated and is all good to go. I just have to learn how to use it

Regards and a Cool Yule to you all
Rob

Comment by frob posted on Any ideas what is happening here? at 19/12/2013 - 09:28

frob
Hi John, and thanks for the reply. The over processing was deliberate so the effect could be seen without straining eyes, In most cases it is very subtle, especially of the church. The church is an original Jpeg with the highlights wiped out- the 2nd was testing exposure levels in the camera and was overexposed a tad so the levels were highlights and shadows were adjusted to enhance the effect with no other edits and then turned into a jpeg. I very rarely use jpegs now and only a small percent ever get converted for face book or forums.
It does appear, though, to be in contrasty situations- blue skies being the main culprit, so I will be watching the contrast closely in future as well as the compression when using jpegs, but I am sure it is set at 100%.

Having said this I have an apology to make from my last post. I have been looking again at shots from the K_r and this posterisation is very slightly visible when there are blueish skies about- very,very subtle, but there all the same.

Regards, Rob

Comment by frob posted on Any ideas what is happening here? at 18/12/2013 - 18:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo