PLUS

davidrobinson

Joined: 2nd November 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

davidrobinson
If I could justify the expence I would love it, the price is good too its nearly twice the price new link

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Pentax 560mm lens at 06/12/2023 - 16:01

davidrobinson
Lovely shot and subject but I much prefer the cropped version.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Thrush. at 06/12/2023 - 15:56

davidrobinson
Lovely afternoon tones on a fabulous bird. Is it a Kestrel

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Couple of a bird in the late afternoon sunshine at 20/11/2023 - 23:24

davidrobinson
All the best and hopefully in a few days you will begin to see things more clearly. You will be amazed at the vision improvement and colours you havent seen for years.
All the best David

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Getting a new lens tomorrow at 20/11/2023 - 23:22

davidrobinson
I think your pulling our Lego, it's a toy camera, very light weight but a bit plasticky!! Pentax are far more robust.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Interesting Looking Lens at 29/09/2023 - 23:01

davidrobinson
Hi Rick. I'm still struggling with Pentax Gallery Ive cleard the Pentax User cache three times now but to no avail. Today uploading images I encounter the "Secure Connection Failed error however if I click try again it will have uploaded one copy of the image partially and I presume on clicking try again another copy of the image that is OK. I'm deleting the inclomplete images as I go. Ive kept screen grabs of tonights issue as a PDF if you need to see it including the details of the problem when the padlock is clicked on.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 28/07/2023 - 22:51

davidrobinson
Hi Rick Yes my upload speed just now is 18.65mbps so that seems normal for my set up. I tried another upload tonight and it timed out with an error again and I'm pretty sure that was probably only a minute, but far longer than my normal. My uploads would be uploaded in seconds and I dont remember ever having errors until recently. When it failed tonight only one PC was using any wifi. In the past 2 PC's and a couple of phones could be using the internet and I still I had no issues. Also I can upload the same photos to Flickr without a problem. Just uploaded the same 5.6mb photo to Flickr and it had uploaded in probably less than 10 seconds maybe even 5 seconds

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 27/07/2023 - 20:21

davidrobinson
rick wrote:
Hi,

It's a difficult one for us to debug unless it's continuous, is it still happening for you, even intermittently?

It could have been a blip at that moment in time, may be the site certificate playing up, or lost internet connection, something like that.

If it's still happening (I've tested an upload) can you put a report in and I'll get hold of you via email to try and help debug the issue.

Cheers,

Rick
Hello Rick I just tried a 6.6mb image upload but it timed out again the message this time is "Request Timeout This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'." If it behaves as previous times the image may appear in the gallery in a while but probably only part of it. I will report it if it continues when I have some time to spare.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 26/07/2023 - 18:55

davidrobinson
PeterKR wrote:
Whatever you did this afternoon, it seems to have cured the problem ?
Good luck
Peter
I'm afraid it still came up with the error message but then if I refreshed the page the image can uploaded OK other times I have to start again. Theres something strange going on with my photos on Pentax Gallery, hours after an upload fails it can appear in the gallery but broken/incomplete.

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 25/07/2023 - 17:16

davidrobinson
My internet connection is good with upload speeds around 18mbs and download 76mbs. I have an example of a partial photo upload here link

Comment by davidrobinson posted on Slow Failed Photo Upload at 25/07/2023 - 14:45

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo