cedricd

Joined: 3rd January 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

cedricd
From a famous online auction company. The price was nice and it did have a FA 28-80 but that`s got some fungus on the inside of the front element. Probably for the bin I think. Just fancied having to think a bit more about creating pix. First day out and managed half a roll of slightly out of date Fuji before the weather changed for the worse.

I must admit to being very surprised, it handles really well and the mirror/shutter is so quiet. The autofocus seems only a tad slower with an old Tamron 28-300 than my K3 with a DA lens. That did surprise me. I hope to finish off the film within a day or so and off to Max Spielman of a touch of developing etc.

If all seems well I hope to get back onto Black & White with some home film developing and a scanner rather than having prints as I can`t faff around with blacking out the kitchen.

Would welcome any hints and tips as to developing kit and chemicals etc.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on I Bought an MZ-6 For Some Fun at 04/03/2017 - 17:45

cedricd
Thanks everyone

I`m finding that I`m being asked to do more indoor work and it`s not possible to either alter my position or the people I`m photographing. I find it rather frustrating in needing to include just a fraction more and not being in a position to achieve.

Adrian, thanks for posting. I love the effect, now to have a look around and see who has what and a good price while Mrs. Cedric is in the kitchen putting on the sprouts for tomorrow

Comment by cedricd posted on Wide Angle - Which Lens at 24/12/2016 - 11:40

cedricd
I`m contemplating a new lens but getting a bit bogged down. Probably a zoom around 10 or 12 mm and I`m not too bothered about the narrower end.

Would welcome some thoughts please.

Comment by cedricd posted on Wide Angle - Which Lens at 22/12/2016 - 21:23

cedricd
K3 with DA 300* with or without the 1.4 TC. Cuts the mustard

Comment by cedricd posted on Best Pentax DSLR / lens combo for Wildlife photography at 28/10/2016 - 19:47

cedricd
Thanks Bill

Off to the Orkneys in a couple of months and need a middle distance WR zoom. Will complement the DA*300 with or without the 1.4 TC.

Comment by cedricd posted on Standard zoom, which one? at 05/03/2016 - 19:37

cedricd
Just ordered me an 18 - 135 from SRS. Thanks Doug for sorting out my errors with online ordering. Just wonddering if anyone has used said lens with the newish Pentx 1.4 converter?

Comment by cedricd posted on Standard zoom, which one? at 05/03/2016 - 18:14

cedricd
Hi Dave, a great shame as you said all of the other major marques were there but not Pentax. I was surprised as it`s a great showcase for Sport Optics and Pentax have a great range on offer to the birdwatching fraternity. The Pentax guys in the past have told me that they leap at the chance to do Birdfair. Does make you wonder how serious the Ricoh/Pentax organisation is in getting out to the general public and they sure won`t survive on just the dedicated band of Pentax users in the UK. Japan was a great marketplace so I was told by the elderly German guy on the Pentax stand at Birdfair last year. Maybe therefore the European Market especially the UK isn`t seen as an important part of the plan. Somehow I feel glad that I also have Fuji, Samsung and Panasonic cameras. I don`t feel overconfidant in Pentax anymore, especially as third party lens makers are withdrawing from making compatible Pentax mounts.

Comment by cedricd posted on bird fair 2013 at 22/08/2015 - 20:28

cedricd
Sun, West Coast, Scotland. Oh dear, well it should be character building for them Gwyn. Shame as it`s such a wonderful part of the World. Mrs Cedric and I had two weeks in the Outer Hebrides and on occasions it did reach 10 degrees.

Comment by cedricd posted on Another pointless thread at 27/07/2015 - 21:02

cedricd
Champion shots Alan. Very nice, all of them.

Comment by cedricd posted on Puffins at 08/07/2015 - 19:26

cedricd
Vic, don`t lace up your shoes too tight.

Comment by cedricd posted on Rare Breed at 08/07/2015 - 19:21

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo