cedricd

Joined: 3rd January 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

cedricd
Thanks everyone, Perhaps we will try swapping over lenses at Easter. just feel let down by The Tamrons. Especially having tried the Pentax 50 - 200 which is very sharp.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on PENTAX OR TAMRON at 01/04/2009 - 21:09

cedricd
My daughter and I both have Tamron 28 - 300 lens`s. Mine on a K10D, hers on a K200D. We are both struggling with focus, they just don`t seem to be that sharp. I put a couple of my shots on the gallery using the tamron. The one with the Pentax 50 - 200 is sharp not `soft` like the Tamron. Scott is suggesting the Pentax 55 - 300 but can I be sure that they will be sharp on the focus front. I don`t consider the Tamron as a dog but as we can`t programme specific lenses into the cameras they just don`t seem to cook the dinner. Be good to have some opinions and experiences from other Tamron users.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on PENTAX OR TAMRON at 01/04/2009 - 20:45

cedricd
Thanks Terry, guess the old Enfield will have to go now. Need to finance a K20D methinks.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on After Lens Adjustment? at 21/03/2009 - 17:13

cedricd
Thanks Stefan, I will stop looking now. I don`t want to do a global adjustment because the Pentax lens`s are ok. My daughter has a K200D and I think she may have a similar issue. I wonder if the K200D has individual adjustment.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on After Lens Adjustment? at 21/03/2009 - 16:18

cedricd
I have a K10D with kit lens and DA50-200 the auto focus is spot on. However when I use the Tamron 28-300 the focus is not quite as it should be. Now, following the previous comments on this thread somewhere in the K10D is a menu for setting individual lens focus points. But where on earth is it buried? and how do I adjust for the Tamron and leave the Pentax glass alone? Or should I bury the K10 and stretch out for a K20?

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on After Lens Adjustment? at 21/03/2009 - 15:49

cedricd
Now this is interesting! My S..Y digital video camera developed a similar view and a couple of switch ons later total blank. Now guess who had serious quality issues with their sensors? I checked out on the web (camera was about to go in the bin) it seemed as if every video camera they made had a possible sensor fault. Anyway despite being 5 years old S..Y replaced the sensor in an out of warranty free of charge repair. So if the sensor is made by S..Y (and they made a lot for many cameras) search the web.

Cedric (not a S..Y fan)

Comment by cedricd posted on Do sensors wear out ? at 13/03/2009 - 19:32

cedricd
I placed my first order with SRS on Saturday. It was delivered Tuesday. Now that pleased me but what pleased me more was that unlike any other supplier they had it in stock. Oh by the way it was a new focus screen because I stuffed the original. Any supplier stocking the nitty gritty bits has to be worth supporting. Thank you SRS, now what else do I need?

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on Can SRS Microsystems be trusted? at 12/03/2009 - 19:58

cedricd
Yes, keep both eyes open. It will help you see what is going on as you take the shot. Something good might also be about to happen. It`s a good technique for tracking motion too. Practice looking at flying aircraft. If you have an eye test the eye not being tested is covered otherwise you have the symptoms you describe.

Comment by cedricd posted on Does taking photos affect your eyesight??? at 06/03/2009 - 18:17

cedricd
I have looked at Dan`s site and I seriously liked what I saw. However ones Daughter with a K200 lives in Yorkshire. Now you see, living in Ipswich is of small consequence. Thanks for your contributions.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on Training Course at 14/02/2009 - 19:35

cedricd
Has anybody experience with one day training courses in North yorkshire? Two of us considering possibility of hands on learning would be great if we could find a Pentax tutor.

Cedric

Comment by cedricd posted on Training Course at 14/02/2009 - 18:03

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo