cabstar

Joined: 2nd May 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

cabstar
danofmk wrote:
Meant to say I've got an mx for parts, so if you need anything just let me know

Think I've got a complete base plate and battery cover

Emphasis on think.

Will check when I've got a second
How much would you want for baseplate and screws too please?

Comment by cabstar posted on Seized battery cover Pentax MX at 22/08/2018 - 07:57

cabstar
The baseplate screws have rounded off looks like the previous owner has given it a go already grrr

Comment by cabstar posted on Seized battery cover Pentax MX at 22/08/2018 - 07:57

cabstar
Hi

I have seized up battery cover on my MX any tips on how to remove it???

Comment by cabstar posted on Seized battery cover Pentax MX at 21/08/2018 - 23:26

cabstar
As someone whose work is repeatedly infringed on a daily basis I fully welcome this judgement.

The school really should have known better and this example shows the problem with orphan works being reused repeatedly by other infringers.

One of my agencies is now connecting all sold images with blockchain technology to prove infringements.

To the person who suggested we should watermark everything thats just not possible. Much of my work is stolen from places like Mailonline by simply right click save. Mailonline wouldn't buy my work with watermarks on it and I shouldn't have to, would you argue that any property that doesn't have a smart water marking on it is open to being stolen by burglars and thieves just because it would make it easier to sell on? So why should I do the same with my images.

Unfortunately social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest make it all to easy to steal and repost work whilst making it difficult for copyright holders to point out infringement. Try reporting an infringement to Instagram and see just how many clicks are needed you can't even report it on a mobile platform it has to be done on a computer browser that enables copy and paste of full web urls.

As for an international database one of my agencies registers every piece of work I upload to the US copyright and patents society but this still doesn't stop work being stolen...

Comment by cabstar posted on ECJ copyright ruling at 10/08/2018 - 21:33

cabstar
I find the standard sensitivity settings fine for my needs, i like a good twist to go from centre point to the end point of the slider.

Comment by cabstar posted on Loupedeck - anyone tried one? at 27/06/2018 - 21:47

cabstar
I have the Loupedeck which I bought at this years Photography Show so I'm pretty gutted they have now released a newer improved version just three months later.

It speeds up editing, the original does have some issues mainly around the quality of the buttons which are very clunky, the new version has replaced these. You soon get used to the dial layout however it doesn't completely remove mouse and keyboard use.

They do seem quick to release bug fixes as of yet I haven't tried the latest software release.

Comment by cabstar posted on Loupedeck - anyone tried one? at 26/06/2018 - 22:50

cabstar
Wow thats longer and heavier than my Sigma Art 50mm, thats some hefty glass.

Comment by cabstar posted on New DFA 50mm f1.4 at 26/06/2018 - 22:44

cabstar
Just found I still have the 35-80mm lens. Open to sensible offers before I bin it?

Comment by cabstar posted on FS K-5 body and some lenses to fund k-3 upgrade at 16/06/2018 - 21:37

cabstar
Algernon wrote:


Or this man this at a fashion show (note all at f/2.8 )

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4284156

--
And that post proves the problem with Pentax apart from two of those images they’re all shot when the model is static at the end of the runway and only two are of the models walking.

Comment by cabstar posted on is it doomed at 21/05/2018 - 12:52

cabstar
Mike-P wrote:


Personally I think the best way forward for Ricoh now would be to do more lens collaborations with Tamron (and maybe others) to get the glass out that people want and also concentrate on getting AF up to speed because despite what others may say it's hurting Pentax sales badly especially when virtually every review you read mentions it as a problem.
I recently picked up the k1 mkii at the photography show and was stunned at how slow it was overall, by the time I had clicked a frame off I could have taken around 30 frames with the Sony. They really do need to work on the speed aspect it's not just AF speed, why didn't they use the latest high-speed UHS-II SD cards? Or why did they stick to USB 2 port? Or even increase the buffer beyond 17 frames and that's before the pathetic frame rate speeds.

This is what is crippling Pentax, I would love to get a Pentax FF the build and ergonomics are excellent but I'm not shooting landscapes so it's just not an option for me at this time.

Comment by cabstar posted on is it doomed at 19/05/2018 - 22:00

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo