bretti_kivi

Joined: 13th May 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

bretti_kivi
There is a setting for it, yes.... Custom menu, "Green button in TAv & M". I have it on 2, you might want 1.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Overexposed at 17/01/2010 - 21:04

bretti_kivi
mmmmh, 24-70. I have the FA 28-70 and it's great for a walkabout range, but 24-70 would be even nicer. Is the focus OK?

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Sigma 24-70 mm F2.8 EX DG at 17/01/2010 - 18:42

bretti_kivi
RAW all the way here, too. Got 300 shots from the ice track this afternoon batchprocessing for further selection as I write....

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Going to give RAW a bash I think at 17/01/2010 - 18:40

bretti_kivi
I have half a bag of manuals and really like them. The haptics are lovely.....and the image rendering is very different, which is great when you've got to know it.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on New uses for old lenses at 17/01/2010 - 18:39

bretti_kivi
ISO400 gives the greatest dynamic range on a K10D according to dpreview and Pentax appear to want to give that impression, too. I'll find the quote later.

I've been playing, and I cannot see the grain any more on images taken at ISO 640 IF - and ONLY if - the pic is mildly over-exposed.

Underexposure brings out the spots big time. So set exposure to +0.7 and away you go, you can shoot up to ISO1000 without issues.

I tend to use 100 for the "important" stuff.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on optimal iso settings at 17/01/2010 - 18:38

bretti_kivi
30s of google shows that that k-x is not supported yet as far as PEF is concerned and that you're not the only one.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Paint shop pro and PEF at 16/01/2010 - 21:46

bretti_kivi
.. 110 thingy with truprint films...I grew up in the 80s. Then nothing until 2002 when I got a Dimage 7. Used that until three years ago, when I got my K10D.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Your first camera at 16/01/2010 - 20:10

bretti_kivi
SR should be off when using flash?!

You should also be able to sync at 1/4000 with a compatible flash.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on K7 and flash synchro-speed at 16/01/2010 - 15:52

bretti_kivi
save as tiff.

Where are you getting them printed? Check the colour profiles from there, too, and if you haven't calibrated your monitor yet, now would be a good time to do it.

You could always as for some "test" prints; a single decent shot at full size and then smaller ones of the final prints.

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Print size at 16/01/2010 - 10:05

bretti_kivi
I disagree with Adobe on many fronts. Pricing, licencing and ability to fix bugs on a reasonable timescale are those.
Ergo: I have an issue with Potatochop.

I don't have an issue with PP. I do quite a lot; blackpoint, curves, clones, heals, WB, Exposure corrections, smart sharpening (using masks on the Luminosity and sharpening the mask). "Photoshopping" has become a verb across much of the interwebz that explains everything worth1000.com stands for.

I use PP to improve and save pics. I have a christening to do in a couple of weeks; it will take probably 8 hours computer work afterwards to create three dozen images. That's fine by me, they are friends and I intend to deliver quality shots. It's also excellent practice for the next paying gig...

Bret

Comment by bretti_kivi posted on Pentax users hate photoshop at 15/01/2010 - 17:57

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo