BODYHEAT

Joined: 27th May 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

BODYHEAT
I had a western digital My Book 500 GB external drive which failed. I was gutted as I couldn't get it to even fire up and thought I had lost all the data. I was even thinking about sending it to a specialist recovery place until someone told me that the power supplies for these external housed hard drives are notoriously weak and subject to failure.

I thought I have nothing to lose and opened the case and broke out the actual sata drive and inserted it into my pc with the sata cable as an additional drive and BINGO it works perfectly. The drive is fine, the external power supply was the weak link in this case

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on External Desktop Hard Drive advice at 28/07/2009 - 22:25

BODYHEAT
I know this isn't what you were asking about, but I was almost tempted by this waterproof holster

link

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on Waterproof case? Aquapac? at 28/07/2009 - 22:18

BODYHEAT
JohnMcD wrote:
womble wrote:
Off topic but...

Mannesty wrote:
I can't think of a good reason to use film anymore.
You are right, but:

a) I find it fun and enjoy using film.
b) Digital makes me lazy, film makes me think.
c) The MX and LX are such lovely pieces of equipment I get pleasure just from the use of them.

None of these reasons are compelling enough that I would argue for film over digital, after all I take 100x more digital photos than film, but they are enough that I keep taking a few.
Me too, maybe it's the MX & LX they just make you want to use them. Film was good enough for me for 30 years so I still like to take slides on holiday and at Christmas. The MX or LX in their ERC cases make a nice compact holiday camera with a 50mm lens.
even more compact with a 40mm pancake lens

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on Pentax Z1 at 27/07/2009 - 17:49

BODYHEAT
Thanks but I do want one bag for this. I do not share your concerns and hope I am not tempting fate now by saying this

It looks to me as though some of the Crumpler bags might be hybrids. Does anyone have one they recommend?

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on Best Bags at 25/07/2009 - 21:09

BODYHEAT
it does look like the buttons at least are a different design, although I assumed the body was otherwise identical to the K20 in size and shape


link

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on K20 D or GX20 at 25/07/2009 - 19:42

BODYHEAT
I want ONE bag which is NOT TOO BIG that will carry ONE BODY with zoom attached and maybe one spare lens and battery, memory cards, chargers, cables etc PLUS ONE laptop (13.3" Sony Vaio) PLUS room for books and bits and pieces AND is suitable for carry-on on a plane.

Everything I have seen is either too big or too small. All the backpacks I have seen are great if you want to carry three bodies, ten lenses, flash, tripod...you know what I mean, yet the backpack design is the type they tend to use for laptop/photo hybrids and the photos of them look great filled to the brim with bodies and lenses, but I don't want to carry everything - just one body and maybe two lenses max plus my laptop and chargers plus some books and clothes etc. Any suggestions for a flexible solution which still has proper camera and laptop compartments and is suitable for onboard carry on on flights?

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on Best Bags at 25/07/2009 - 19:28

BODYHEAT
Alternatively I will do a swap for an equivalent spec Nikon lens such as the Nikon 17-55mm F2.8G ED-IF AF-S DX Nikkor Lens or possibly a good prime such as the 105mm F2.8G AF-S VR Micro Nikkor Lens

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on WTS: DA* 16-50mm f2.8 - mint at 25/07/2009 - 13:25

BODYHEAT
DA* 16-50/2.8 ED (IF) SDM


Optically perfect and unblemished, boxed and all papers intact, bought this year from SRS, £600 plus £10 insured delivery.

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on WTS: DA* 16-50mm f2.8 - mint at 25/07/2009 - 09:58

BODYHEAT
Today I was in Curry's : K20d plus 18-55mm kit lens for £499 inc VAT on clearance

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on SRS, K20D one of dearest on-line now? at 24/07/2009 - 20:43

BODYHEAT
£847.10 exc. VAT - Pixmania pro's current price for the K7

Comment by BODYHEAT posted on K7 for £949 each at 24/07/2009 - 12:36

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo