bigcog

Joined: 14th May 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

bigcog
Thanks, these were the best results, my panning technique needs some work, or maybe it was just the Hen Harrier also at the show moved a lot faster! Great to put the lens to the test. If you took a closer look at the original you'd see these aren't pin sharp and a very close look the sort of fringing (is that what they call chromatic abberration) at the edges of the wings but who is looking that closely? Considering these two shots are in continuous mode without the focus adjusted from when I focused on the Owl on the handlers hand, they came out pretty well.

Comment by bigcog posted on Barn Owl - Tamron 70-300mm - continous shooting at 15/06/2008 - 01:38

bigcog
At 260mm - cropped from the original.


Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by bigcog posted on Barn Owl - Tamron 70-300mm - continous shooting at 15/06/2008 - 01:17

bigcog
If anyone has either of these with an active license that they no longer require, would be interested in selling, please PM me.

Comment by bigcog posted on WANTED: Capture One LE / 4 at 12/06/2008 - 17:10

bigcog
batteries are good prices on ebay. just bought this one for example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150254476097&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

And also welcome too, just had the K10D for about a week or so now myself and very happy with results I am starting to get, especially using the 50mm f1.4 lens indoors.

Comment by bigcog posted on New Member New Camera at 13/06/2008 - 09:53

bigcog
well did a test with a white a4 sheet under indoor lighting, setting the manual white balance and I am more than happy with the results. the colour rendition is great after that. the k10d has no problem with daylight as the lighting source indoors, but under light bulbs not so good, but this manual white balance setting does the trick very nicely. I might try this out tonight, there's a race night here in the village.

On another lighting matter, I am finding so far that the K10D settings out of the box seem to produce quite light and sometimes blown highlights where there is a more light in the frame, but not excessive light to my eyes. I'm talking daylight here. Of course I can deal with that PP but anyone experienced that and adjusted camera settings accordingly?

Comment by bigcog posted on Grey Card at 06/06/2008 - 15:44

bigcog
Interesting reading in some of those links. What works best for those of you that do this with things like low light indoor photography. I tried a quick and dirty test on a raw image picking a grey part of the picture and the result was instantly a lot better than how the AWB had turned out the lighting. The K10D manual recommends a white card for setting the manual white balance, rather than grey. Obviously it seems easier to set this in camera. Wondering what works well for people and whether you use white or grey cards?

Comment by bigcog posted on Grey Card at 06/06/2008 - 14:01

bigcog
A bit of playing with the new K10D and I can see how a grey card will help me for indoor low light portraits, especially in my house which has a lot of low energy bulbs. Can anyone recommend places to get grey cards from? I don't have a local camera shop.

Comment by bigcog posted on Grey Card at 06/06/2008 - 11:55

bigcog
continuous shooting

Comment by bigcog posted on Where to buy K10D new at 06/06/2008 - 08:01

bigcog
i looked at the k200d and its very very similar to the K10d from what I could tell but for me the deal breaker was the poor continuous mode. Glad I went for the K10D, fortunately whilst SRS still had them.

Comment by bigcog posted on Where to buy K10D new at 05/06/2008 - 13:55

bigcog
does anyone have any recommendations for lens cases, and good places to get them from? shops or online. and also has anyone used a camera armour case on a k10d, and if so what you thought.

Comment by bigcog posted on lens cases at 03/06/2008 - 11:54

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo