bigcog

Joined: 14th May 2008

Photo Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

Recent Photo Comments

really like it, lots of elements to it, the turning head, the sharp focus, the crane he seems to be landing on. It's ripe for a caption competition mind you. Like someone off camera yelling "watch out for that crane" and the biker turning back to say "Wha?"

Comment by bigcog on 06/03/2009 - 13:56


what they all said! yes clouds might work, but without works very good too. great reflection. also great exposure, the whites have detail and are not all blown out.

Comment by bigcog on 27/02/2009 - 11:17


never had to check who took this before scrolling down! Another nice one from Yve.

Comment by bigcog on 05/02/2009 - 14:56


was this shot using the macro mode on the Tamron?

Comment by bigcog on 04/02/2009 - 17:04


terje-l you must send this to the guardian newspaper, but do it quick, they have a photo contest called "in pictures" in the saturday supplement, and the next subject is "kiss", this picture is just the sort that they pick. You have to send the original full size JPG together with a sentence or two about what inspired you to take the picture to [email protected] but it must be by midda ...

Comment by bigcog on 03/02/2009 - 09:51


lots of great pics from Yve on here lately. Not only great captures of nature but very nice composition, this one being no exception. The extra space in the pic is actually a plus point for me.

Comment by bigcog on 02/02/2009 - 23:38


good result. I too find the Tamron to be fine until you get into high contrast situations. I also find AWB bad on this lens, but in daylight conditions with Daylight WB the colours come alive. This pic shows was quality you can achieve from a budget lens. The sky hasn't been that blue where I live for 4 months :(

Comment by bigcog on 26/01/2009 - 14:30


making really nice use of that mist, nature does the best photo effects.

Comment by bigcog on 26/01/2009 - 14:26


I like this one and am interested in a couple of points. Was this using the 16-45mm lens? I see it was at 16mm and looks to me like much more is achieved there than I would at 18mm with the kit lens. 2mm doesn't sound like much but the picture says it all. I also agree with the above posting, I am not so keen on over processed pics that just don't look real, this one is more natural. One thing ...

Comment by bigcog on 20/01/2009 - 09:40


really lovely shot, bit of a fan of anything that does something good with trees etc, fan of Ansell Adams. How do you achieve the same effects digitally?

Comment by bigcog on 04/12/2008 - 16:32


Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo