Bellie

Joined: 26th March 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Bellie
Direct from the shop on this site.

Comment by Bellie posted on Extension cord + Hotshoe adapter at 04/12/2008 - 13:22

Bellie
Found this I mentioned in an older thread:

A wireless trigger will work with this. I found a wireless trigger on ebay that had a hotshoe mount. I bought an adapter for my light stand and fitted the flash trigger and flash to this. Works great with my cheapo flash gun now and really handy for off camera flash.

Trigger

Mount to fit on top of a lighting stand.

Comment by Bellie posted on hotshoe adaptor for off camera flash at 28/10/2008 - 09:26

Bellie
I think also you have to be careful when saying PC v Mac, as because Mac is an actual product - like for example a BMW, and PC is a generic format - like say 'a car'. you are not necessarily comparing like for like. Therefore your 'car' could be cheap and cheerful and breakdown a lot, or it could be a high spec sportscar.

I have seen plenty of PCs that look spec wise great but the components were rubbish and so the user always had problems. I have also seen PCs that were fantastic and solid workhorses.

With a Mac you know what you are getting quality wise.

I use both PC (Dell) and Mac. There is very little to choose between them when running the same apps. You can go on about comparative speeds etc. but both mine (mac and PC) process faster than I work anyway!

I must confess I prefer OSX for its ease of use, especially when it comes to drivers etc.

Comment by Bellie posted on WINDOWS OR MAC.??? at 20/10/2008 - 11:13

Bellie
I understand from a forum on EPZ that if you are using adobe software on your PC, and change for a mac, you won't have to buy new software, you can contact Adobe for a change of licence and get it changed.

Comment by Bellie posted on WINDOWS OR MAC.??? at 20/10/2008 - 10:56

Bellie
A wireless trigger will work with this. I found a wireless trigger on ebay that had a hotshoe mount. I bought an adapter for my light stand and fitted the flash trigger and flash to this. Works great with my flash gun now and really handy for off camera flash.

Trigger This should work ok with your Pentax flash.

Mount

Comment by Bellie posted on Radio triggers, infrared trigger or long cable at 12/09/2008 - 14:08

Bellie
If no one has one they can pass on to you, try here

Comment by Bellie posted on New to me lens from e-bay, Help at 12/09/2008 - 13:56

Bellie
I was told by an experienced lighting photographer, that a cheap wireless radio trigger works just as well as an expensive one. I use a ebay chinese one, and whilst build quality looks cheap... it works fine with the K10D and studio lights.

Here is one that might do the trick (and probably not as cheap looking as mine). This one is the mains powered version.

Comment by Bellie posted on Radio triggers, infrared trigger or long cable at 12/09/2008 - 09:39

Bellie
Thanks for that Don. Mines the K10D, battery grip and 16-45, so I'll go for the 200 to be on the safe side. Cheers.

Comment by Bellie posted on The Slingshot Bags at 21/07/2008 - 14:21

Bellie
Does anyone know if a K10D with battery grip will fit inside a Slingshot 100? I am looking for a compact option, and whilst the 200 will work ok, just checking if a 100 would do.

Comment by Bellie posted on The Slingshot Bags at 21/07/2008 - 12:45

Bellie
I've just logged onto the site to find one of those 'dodgy' click through adverts at the top of the forum page instead of the usual types. I understand they are google adverts in this section, so if by mistake the wrong type of adverts are being generated on the page I could easily see why your filter is pulling it up as a dodgy site.

Comment by Bellie posted on Still having trouble logging into Pentax user website...why? at 20/06/2008 - 14:52

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo