Arthur Dent

Joined: 25th July 2005

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Arthur Dent
Quote:
The Amazon lady archers had a problem with their right breasts interferring with their bow strings and affecting their accuracy.

They thought it was serious enough for major surgury.

Now Arthur, how serious is that nose squish again?

Don't tempt me, LOL!!

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on How do the sinister manage? at 17/01/2007 - 15:17

Arthur Dent
I'm right-handed (which is why I hated the Hasselblad 500C) but left-eyed.

So I constantly have the problem of my schnoz squishing up against the LCD monitor when shooting portraits.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on How do the sinister manage? at 01/01/2007 - 03:45

Arthur Dent
Quote:
Kim C wrote:
... you can't do much better than Agfa Ultra...
It was the Afga ultra i've been searching for, hmm, a p.m. is in order
Just bear in mind that the Agfa films aren't that stable. I have Kodachromes from 40years ago that look like they just came from the lab. But I have Agfa chromes from the '70's and '80's that are pretty much clear windows by now, and that's with storing the film in the cool and dark.

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on Which film? For the retro feel at 03/01/2007 - 10:46

Arthur Dent
Someone (either here or at DP review, I forget which) posted that MX screens will work in the K10D (and presumably the K100D). Anyone know anything about this?

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on K100D mods (am I nuts?) at 27/12/2006 - 13:26

Arthur Dent
No, John, the bulldozer grew eyes and fangs! (see photo in previous post) and is growling and snarling.

Nothing to do with all those beers that Zaphod had me drink, of course!



Happy new year to all, and to all good night and good luck!

(Is that a mixed metaphor, sort of like a mixed drink?)

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on www.PentaxWorld.com for worldwide Pentax users at 01/01/2007 - 15:13

Arthur Dent
Quote:
Happy New Year 2007 to all Pentax Users here!

www.PentaxWorld.com

Comment Image
OK, what's your agenda for wishing us a happy new year? Think you can sucker me like that? I'm onto your type!!!!


Comment Image


There's all around us!! Hide!!

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on www.PentaxWorld.com for worldwide Pentax users at 01/01/2007 - 03:57

Arthur Dent
Double post. OOPS!

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on Pentax and Hoya at 27/12/2006 - 14:27

Arthur Dent
Quote:
I have to say that yes, I have seen Hoya lenses. They were around in the 1970s, moderately good quality and not a lasting phenomenon.
Thanks for the information, John, I never saw them (I've been into it since the 1960's).

But I suppose that reinforces the point; the two companies compliment each other.

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on Pentax and Hoya at 27/12/2006 - 14:14

Arthur Dent
They're both OPTICAL companies. They each are strong in areas where the other is weak (have you ever seen a Hoya lens or camera? Ever seen a Hoya endoscope? Ever seen a Pentax blank for a hard drive?)

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on Pentax and Hoya at 25/12/2006 - 02:22

Arthur Dent
It's called "noise" and is present in all electronic equipment.

There was even some mathematical work done in the 1950's to try to find a way to get rid of it. Google "cantor dust".

No can do. But it can be reduced, thus programs like Noise Ninja and the like.

Comment by Arthur Dent posted on Pentax K10D - Absolute Black Darkness - TEST at 24/12/2006 - 02:20

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo