andymat

Joined: 26th September 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

andymat
Wow - thanks for the link Bill. It appears that this Lexar card has not been tested for use with Pentax K-5II. Looks like, as has been suggested, that sticking to Sandisk might be a good idea.

I bought this from My memory because I also bought a Lexar memory card reader for my computer so I didn't need to use the cable from the camera. But I now see that looking at their website, they will only take returns for 6 months from date of purchase for faulty goods. That doesn't sound so good.

Looks like I will need to contact Lexar. Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment by andymat posted on SD memory card problem with K-5II at 22/12/2015 - 13:46

andymat
Yes John, I have not had this issue with any other card. And I have checked that I am on the latest firmware with the K-5II (1.07).

Thanks.

Comment by andymat posted on SD memory card problem with K-5II at 22/12/2015 - 11:48

andymat
I bought a Lexar professional SDHC 32GB 400x speed memory card earlier on this year and generally it has been fine.

BUT ever since I bought it I have had the occasional picture that is corrupted...

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Has anyone else had this problem? Is this a problem with my camera writing to the card or the card itself? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Comment by andymat posted on SD memory card problem with K-5II at 22/12/2015 - 10:33

andymat
The lakes is a very special part of the world and you've managed to get some great shots, using the weather to your advantage. Bet it didn't seem like that at the time with water running down your neck!!


A very Merry Christmas from here too!

Comment by andymat posted on Christmas Greetings with some Landscapes at 22/12/2015 - 08:01

andymat
I agree - I bought my 100 Macro second hand a few years ago and I paid a good chunk more than this current offering. And this has a 2 year warranty/guarantee too!

It's a very sharp lens

Comment by andymat posted on Pentax D-FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro Lens £249 at 30/11/2015 - 22:47

andymat
Just looked and SRS still have it at £349 on their website. No stock until beginning of December but will honour the price until midnight.

Comment by andymat posted on Pentax D-FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro Lens £249 at 30/11/2015 - 21:56

andymat
Really like the North Pier photo - the timing and the foreground lighting are wonderful.

And it's nice to see a different, more real world view of St Mary's lighthouse for a change.

Great stuff!

Comment by andymat posted on Northerly Wind at 25/11/2015 - 08:23

andymat
Nigel, these are lovely. And I agree that the ones with the sun, sparkle, particularly number 3. Really not the images I expect to come from Croydon I have to say!

I can see why the HDR is useful with the very large range of tones that you will encounter in a sunlit wood especially shooting into the sun.

I have been playing with using HDR (a free version of Photomatix I was alerted to by a thread on here) in a similar woodland situation myself. With some settings I am getting very bizarre and whacky results that are the obvious HDR over cooking but with a bit of experimentation I can get something I'm reasonably pleased with. I have found it very useful for illuminating the darkside of tree trunks, for instance, that would otherwise be black. Probably something like you have achieved in number 4.

Comment by andymat posted on Ferny Forest ... In Camera HDRs at 08/11/2015 - 22:18

andymat
What a lovely, expertly produced portrait - a great record for years to come.

Comment by andymat posted on Autumn Portrait at 02/11/2015 - 07:36

andymat
Superb image - Congratulations.

Comment by andymat posted on 2015 Landscape Photographer of the Year Awards at 19/10/2015 - 22:40

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo