amilner

Joined: 17th May 2004

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

amilner
Just seen the new Argos catalogue

GX10 18-55 & 50-200 for 649.99

If I hadn't already bought my K10D I think I would have been tempted...

(PS I don't have any shares in connection with Argos!!)

Comment by amilner posted on Samsung GX10 at Argos! at 19/01/2007 - 17:01

amilner
How dare you!

I'm only about about 10 miles from Wakehurst Place and have a few decent images from there but nothing like this!

Comment by amilner posted on CAN ANYONE SHOW US SOME STUNNING IMAGES TAKEN WITH THE K10D at 17/01/2007 - 22:53

amilner
Only one at present.

I used a Mamiya C330 for a year or so (with 55, 80 & 135 lenses) - great fun - and I split the kit at the end and sold it for more than I bought it for.

I also had a C***n compact digi for a while (the A70 - actualy a very competent 3MP compact) but that has now gone to a neice.

I had a nice Konica compact (BM300) for a while - and the a Pentax SW105 which I managed to lose in Spain.

I've acquired a samsung AF1050 film compact (not very compact actually - a bit of a brick) recently (unclaimed lost property!) which appears to do proper exposure compensation. Not given it a whirl yet though.

And finaly - a couple of old bellows style 120 roll cameras - one Agfa 6x9 and one rather nice 645 whose name escapes me and which I cut my photographic teeth on as a kid which Dad still has at home. They are great fun and produce pretty good images.

Other than that it has been pentax SLRs all through (ME super, P30, P30t MZ7, LX, MZ6, another ME super, MX, Ist DS, Super A & K10 D in that order of purchase - three remain in my posession)

Comment by amilner posted on What non-Pentax cameras do you own? at 17/01/2007 - 23:30

amilner
I'm going to have to give my apologies I'm afraid - something has come up.

Hope you all have a good time

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 02/03/2007 - 19:11

amilner
Quote:

As you can see, the station's only a couple of streets away from the museum.
Actually it is about a mile and a half. But I am reasonably fit & have a photo backpack!

K10D goes to the Lakes this week (along with an Optio W20 for the wilder weather). Packing small - probably DA 16-45, DA 50-200 & A 2.8 macro. 50 2.8. And a polariser and some ND grads. And a compact tripod of course!

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 11/02/2007 - 22:21

amilner
Sounds good to me. How about a time? and some idea of directions from the station? (or at least a postcode so I can plug it into multimap)

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 24/01/2007 - 22:43

amilner
St Albans is good for me too - there is a direct train from Crawley

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 24/01/2007 - 10:25

amilner
Sundays are out for me - to do with my occupation

Of the Saturdays I'm OK in March and on 14 April and 5th May.

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 17/01/2007 - 23:02

amilner
I'm up for it - we might even be in danger of forming a local group. I'm in Crawley, Sussex which would shift the balance to central London I think...

Comment by amilner posted on meeting up with southerners.. :) at 16/01/2007 - 14:09

amilner
Update

Took the W20 up a few fells a week or so ago. The results are just about good enough for A4. One pitfall though - it is easy to accidentally catch the macro button when shooting - a couple of pictures came out out of focus because of this. I also might turn the sharpening down to low - I'm not too keen on white lises along the skyline! Flare resistance is very good however.

It is not up to the K10D + 16-45 but then I was not expecting that!

Comment by amilner posted on Opinions on Optio W20? at 27/02/2007 - 22:56

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo