Whitby Gothic Weekend, Hallowe'en 2012

K10D

Link Posted 03/10/2012 - 00:41
Hope that the Pentax User group lead the way with polite and courteous behaviour as usual. Obviously I can't make it but I will be covering the meagre efforts over here that take place in Fremantle.

I have yet to run into conflict with any of the Gothís that Iíve photographed and was invited to do a Goth wedding in the UK this August on the back of images I took on my last trip to the Whitby event.

That went very well with plenty of great costumes.

Best take Whitby as it comes and act accordingly.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

greynolds999

Link Posted 03/10/2012 - 12:44
beginner wrote:
fatspider wrote:
Love the Avatar Ken

"Anybody seen any Grey squirrels?...

That depends. Are you planning just to shoot them or are you going to ask them if they mind being shot?
My Photobucket

Father Ted

Link Posted 03/10/2012 - 15:58
We'd best be careful with comments or they'll be taken out of context on a goth site and used to beat us with. I mean, shooting squirrels without their permission, heaven forefend!!!!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 03/10/2012 - 20:14
Well...

...The Goth is definitely up for it, so's the Steam Punk...

....and their mother may even attend!!

So, weather permitting the HG clan will be there.

Hopefully so will 'spider...

...go on,even if the outfit's not ready, I need a camera rest!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

greynolds999

Link Posted 03/10/2012 - 22:24
Isn't it amazing what you can find on the internet. This could confuse Ken!

(More here).
My Photobucket

fatspider

Link Posted 04/10/2012 - 00:18
Quote:

Spider is in cripple mode at present I thought it was a flare up with the the Arthritis but now thinking my Spondolitis may be getting worse as the problems seem to be mostly with my back, walking stick has had lots of use on and off over the last few months I blame all that beer that YOU forced down my neck

As for the Steampunk gear I need some cowboy boots and I can't find any wide enough to fit my fat arthritic feet
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/10/2012 - 08:13
Oh go on, blame ME for forcing you to drink, enjoy and have another beer!!!

Hope the aches ease by the WGW date and good luck with the boots.

I've been after a new pair for a year or three myself, totally not available in human sizes at the moment it seems.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Father Ted

Link Posted 04/10/2012 - 08:48
I got a pair of black Lizard skin cowboy boots from America. Unfortunately the friend who brought them back took a guess at the width of my feet and was wrong. Only managed to get them on once and could even stand up in them as they were too tight!

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

greynolds999

Link Posted 04/10/2012 - 14:45
fatspider wrote:
Quote:

Spider is in cripple mode at present I thought it was a flare up with the the Arthritis but now thinking my Spondolitis may be getting worse as the problems seem to be mostly with my back, walking stick has had lots of use on and off over the last few months I blame all that beer that YOU forced down my neck

As for the Steampunk gear I need some cowboy boots and I can't find any wide enough to fit my fat arthritic feet

Are you turning into a hobbit? You'd fit in well in Whitby!
My Photobucket

fatspider

Link Posted 08/10/2012 - 23:08
Well I will definitely be going to Whitby come pain or shine

Just booked the B&B, can you believe I found somewhere in Whitby, 1 mile from Town Centre

Attire is almost complete but still need those boots.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

judderman62

Link Posted 08/10/2012 - 23:21
fatspider wrote:
Well I will definitely be going to Whitby come pain or shine

Just booked the B&B, can you believe I found somewhere in Whitby, 1 mile from Town Centre

Attire is almost complete but still need those boots.

blimey where'd you get in and what night ?

I'm currently (not this second) in Scarborough on the Sat nigth 'bout £50 ish
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

fatspider

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 00:42
Err, Sneaton Castle Fri,Sat,Sun. £70 per night (that's for two) we would have stayed four nights but I still need the boots and I don't think they're going to be cheap.

£50 sounds a lot for Scarbs though.

Incidently, if anyone is looking for accomodation they still had another room at that price and one at a lot more, don't know if you'd get away with a one night stay though.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Father Ted

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 10:10
I'm about to start working on the Mrs, so might be up for a day trip to this....fingers crossed.
If I do, Jacob might be with me with his camera and his new brass goggles!

greynolds999

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 13:23
fatspider wrote:
£70 per night

I should have found a woman with less expensive tastes. What started out as me going down by myself and staying in a cheap B&B for the night has now escalated into a three night trip to Raithwaite Hall!
My Photobucket

judderman62

Link Posted 09/10/2012 - 19:54
greynolds999 wrote:
fatspider wrote:
£70 per night

I should have found a woman with less expensive tastes. What started out as me going down by myself and staying in a cheap B&B for the night has now escalated into a three night trip to Raithwaite Hall!

wonderful gardens .... hideous building
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.