Whitby Gothic Weekend, Hallowe'en 2012

Father Ted

Link Posted 01/10/2012 - 16:29
greynolds999 wrote:
So who's converting their K5 to steam power?

We had a guy on here who I tempted over from the Brassgoggles forum, but he doesn't come round much any more. I think he had a project on the go.
I really must finish fitting a digital ( very cheap) camera into the box browny I bought.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.

fatspider

Link Posted 01/10/2012 - 19:28
I can't find a Father Ted on Brass Goggles
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

davidtrout

Link Posted 01/10/2012 - 19:36
greynolds999 wrote:
fritzthedog wrote:
I will be there as always Gareth - but if it starts on the 31st - that must be a hell of a long weekend you are doing on the 27th

Carl

Oops!

I meant I will be there on Saturday 3 November! (hangs head in shame).

bforbes wrote:
I'm giving it a miss this year

I didn't think you had a choice. It's a shame Barry. Won't be the same without you and Margaret.

I've just entered 'Goths November 3' on my wall planner Gareth.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 01/10/2012 - 19:39

fatspider

Link Posted 01/10/2012 - 22:21
I hope Pentax users are going to make a combined effort this year to show the world (Whitby at least) that PU users are not all TOGS???

That's got you all thinking

Let me explain, that "TOGs" was discussed recently on a well known Steampunk forum, when someone asked what it meant another came up with the reply of "PhoTOGrapher" and also offered an alternative acronym of Totally Obnoxious Gits

It would appear that Steampunks are also becoming a little tired of "TOGS" pointing cameras at them and expecting them to pose without so much as a polite request.

Now you all know your lawful rights when snapping away in public places but that doesn't mean that the subject of your attentions has to pose, one Steampunk has suggested making fans for the ladies that read "If you'd asked me nicely this photo would have been so much better" and that is a sentiment shared by the majority of Steampunks, ask politely and you will get a better picture.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 10:10
Just had a facebook convo with a friend who is a regular attendee of Whitby.. He gave the impression that many goths will be deliberately avoiding anybody with a romotely serious looking camera and there's particular annoyance at a recent article in 'Advanced Photographer' (although I have not seen it) which appears to promote what he termed as 'bad behaviour' from photographers...

Either way... I'd rather go to Scarborough (or any other coastal town) that particular weekend...
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

cabstar

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 11:42
I can see this not ending well, resentment is building up.

I have only been to Whitby once, not during goth weekend. I drove around for an hour looking for a parking space, couldn't find one, so went to Scarborogh instead
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

johnriley

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 11:53
It's best to arrive early in Whitby and then there will be plenty of parking. Later in the day things can get slightly congested....
Best regards, John

Don

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 12:33
DaveHolmes wrote:
Just had a facebook convo with a friend who is a regular attendee of Whitby.. He gave the impression that many goths will be deliberately avoiding anybody with a romotely serious looking camera and there's particular annoyance at a recent article in 'Advanced Photographer' (although I have not seen it) which appears to promote what he termed as 'bad behaviour' from photographers...

Either way... I'd rather go to Scarborough (or any other coastal town) that particular weekend...

I find the goth community here in my city to be a really nice bunch of people.
of several events I've shot for them, and several magazines that have published my work with them... I must say this... I've had worse experiances with trouble makers at wedding socials than goth events (the last one they called it thier Anti-social) lol!

Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Father Ted

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 13:15
fatspider wrote:
I can't find a Father Ted on Brass Goggles

I'm hiding ( differnt user name, long story )

On a serious note, though. It will be a shame if resentment builds up. I know offence was taken at some of our banter on here. But, when I went, on the day I felt we all got on great with the folks there for the festival. We were polite, they were gracious ( mostly).
I can understand it though, having seen the behaviour of some of the TOGs . I still can't get over the guy who tried to move the sleeping baby's haed to make the shot better! Shocking!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Last Edited by Father Ted on 02/10/2012 - 13:17

fatspider

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 18:27
Quote:
Later in the day things can get slightly congested....

During WGW that means after 8am
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 19:41
fatspider wrote:
Well as I've just had a PM from Gareth wondering where I was I thought I'd better make an appearance

I will be at Whitby this year providing my Steampunk Costume is ready but I might not be hanging around with you lot all day as my good lady deserves my company for a change.

Steampunk is so cool
link
link

PS: I know Father Ted will be dancing around to these

Oooo, so tempted!

If only to see 'spider steamed!!

All being well I should be able to make the Saturday but will confirm nearer the time.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

beginner

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 22:10
I'm going to make a sign!..."If you ask me nicely I'll take your photograph!"....should work a treat!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!

fatspider

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 22:14
Love the Avatar Ken
My PPG link
My Flckr link

judderman62

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 22:38
I have it penciled in as a probable ...unless the weather is going to be really bad .... the K5 might be well weather sealed...I am not
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

beginner

Link Posted 02/10/2012 - 23:19
fatspider wrote:
Love the Avatar Ken

"Anybody seen any Grey squirrels?...
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Last Edited by beginner on 02/10/2012 - 23:30
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.