Whitby Gothic Weekend, Hallowe'en 2012

bforbes

Link Posted 01/11/2012 - 22:04
greynolds999 wrote:
I've arrived. Do I get a prize for being here first?

Although technically I'm not in Whitby but in the hotel in Sandsends.

Margaret wants to know if she needs her thermals?
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

greynolds999

Link Posted 01/11/2012 - 22:49
It is a bit chilly but the forecast is good. Thermals are allowed as long as they are black!
My Photobucket

bforbes

Link Posted 01/11/2012 - 22:56
I don't know if I should be talking about my wife's under garments with a Scotsman, but yes they are black.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/11/2012 - 08:09
Just been on Metcheck and it looks promising, even if thermals may be in order Barrie.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

greynolds999

Link Posted 02/11/2012 - 16:36
It was a bit of a mixed bag today. Mostly sunny but odd wintery squalls. If I wanted three seasons in a day I'd have stayed in Edinburgh.

Full of flu so might have breakfast in the hotel and catch up with everyone a little later than usual.
My Photobucket

judderman62

Link Posted 02/11/2012 - 19:54
I'm hoping to do a spot of urbex on the way up so am likely to be early afternoon arrival - if you see me and recognise me do say hi
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

Mike_H

Link Posted 02/11/2012 - 21:15
I'm in the bar at the Royal hope to see you all in the morning at the cafe.

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/11/2012 - 09:05
Disaster - something has come up that means I am unlikely to get there before lunch time.

Is there anybody online attending who could send me a mobile number so that I can find you all?

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

greynolds999

Link Posted 03/11/2012 - 17:54
That's me back in the hotel. Sorry we missed you Carl. I normally check the thread but I didn't have my mobile.

Slightly different day. Everyone was with other people so a different dynamic. But good company as ever, if lacking in photographs. The goth days work best when it's hot!

I'll leave it to others to plbegin the photo thread.
My Photobucket

fritzthedog

Link Posted 03/11/2012 - 21:14
Made it for a few hours Gareth - bumped in to one or two of the regulars - but arrived so late the day was not what it usually is for me - doubt I took 50 shots.

Still - next year I am determined to stay over!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

johnriley

Link Posted 04/11/2012 - 00:18
Sue and I were in Whitby today, along with other members of ADAPS. We had hired a coach.

I kept an eye out for anyone who looked like their avatar, but despite seeing a few Pentax users (as opposed to Pentax Users) there was no-one around who looked familiar. Of course in the case of greynolds999 and friztthe dog, their avatars may not be a perfect likeness.....

The goths were delightful, freindly and happy to be photographed. The weather was gorgeous. A meal at the Tanglewood (York) on the way home capped it off to perfection.
Best regards, John

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/11/2012 - 06:46
You went to Whitby and didn't have fish'n'chips?

Shame on you John.

There were quiet a few Pentax owners out yesterday, some would talk,and wer pointed to this site,others wouldn't.

I donned an outfit and have now seen what all the 'just ask' fuss is about.

It's intimidating when a large group of expensive white lenses are shoved up your nose!

A lot better when one person asks and others take advantage and keep a reasonable space open.

Good day though.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 04/11/2012 - 06:46

Gwyn

Link Posted 04/11/2012 - 09:04
johnriley wrote:

I kept an eye out for anyone who looked like their avatar, but despite seeing a few Pentax users (as opposed to Pentax Users) there was no-one around who looked familiar. Of course in the case of greynolds999 and friztthe dog, their avatars may not be a perfect likeness.....

Not sure HG looks too much like his avatar either, and of course Gareth (greynolds999), isn't really a Pentax user.

Looking forward to the photos.

oo just realised this was my 7,501st posting .
Last Edited by Gwyn on 04/11/2012 - 09:05
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.