Weekly Competition # 60

Topic Lock(s)
  • Edit Lock Enabled - You will not be able to edit/delete your posts in this topic.

R o b

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 13:37
Thanks to the powers that be for changing where clicking on a winner in the gallery leads to, as I previously suggested. It seems to be making it easier for people to find the comments.

Aren't most things in place to just get on with the competitions now? The judges can either leave comments with each photo, if they have the time, or leave them as one big comment under the gallery of entries.

If the judges also create a thread in the competitions part of the forum, ideally with a link to the competition in the gallery, it seems as though we've got the best of both worlds. Easy upload and viewing of photos in the gallery, plus a competition presence in the forum.

Maybe it would be good to have a link from the competition gallery to the competition bit of the forum too, just to reinforce the connection. It would probably fit between the current competition bit and the previous competitions section below it.

It worries me to be at possible odds with established forum members like Lilly, Malo1961 and Hyram though.

Robert.

johnriley

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 14:09
It's a good idea, but adds more rstrictions in that we may need pre-defined award levels such as Commended, Highly Commended, Very Highly Commended as well as three placings. At the moment all these are optional, apart obviously from needing a winner, so judges can award or not as they see fit. They can even change the award to Honorable Mention or anything else they fancy.

Once we start on this path it can get over-complicated very quickly and that may switch off a lot of people.
Best regards, John

Malo1961

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 15:45
R o b wrote:

It worries me to be at possible odds with established forum members like Lilly, Malo1961 and Hyram though.
Robert.

Ahummmmmm, forum member will do, nothing "established" about that.
Last time I checked, I was just as naked as everybody else after taking my cloths of.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

johnriley

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 16:05
Don't worry about being at odds with anyone, we're all quite tame really. On a good day anyway...
Best regards, John

R o b

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 17:34
That's OK then...

It's just a good job I changed it from "older forum members".

Hyram

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 17:50
"Older forum members" - I might have taken issue with
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T

Malo1961

Link Posted 03/09/2008 - 17:55
Hyram wrote:
"Older forum members" - I might have taken issue with

You're not Old, just older.
(free quote by someones Sig IIRC)

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

justgetoutandride

Link Posted 10/09/2008 - 20:04
Just had a little peek, still don't like the 'look'.

Can someone explain the proposed gallery functions for the judge please?

It sounds as if the judge is not allowed to actually post comments on the images until after the 'system' has allowed them to, so must then either post all C+C in a block, or under each and every image. Is this correct?

I don't trust automation of this type, it is totally unneeded, as is the auto cut-off. These features will keep me away.

I'd be much happier if the competition returned to the 'old' format, keeping it in a separate section of the site is divorcing 'ownership' from the forum members.
Please call me aj,

I use a Pentax K10D, on a MacBook with LightRoom (vers 1.3 + beta 2)

http://www.ba-joseph.co.uk/gallery
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Edit Lock Enabled - You will not be able to edit/delete your posts in this topic.