User feedback on K-S2
Posted 20/05/2015 - 15:25
Link
A positive review for the K-S2 from someone who is unashamedly a Canon/Nikon shooter. Most reviews have been very positive, looking like a great little camera.
Posted 20/05/2015 - 18:38
Link
Russ wrote:
A positive review for the K-S2 from someone who is unashamedly a Canon/Nikon shooter. Most reviews have been very positive, looking like a great little camera.
Agreed, I really need to see if it makes any real difference between 12/14 bit files and 20/24 Mp, K-S2 could be for me, I always thought I could tell with my Old Nikon files when I was really pulling the files around in Lightroom but imaging and processing has come a long way since then...
A positive review for the K-S2 from someone who is unashamedly a Canon/Nikon shooter. Most reviews have been very positive, looking like a great little camera.
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 21/05/2015 - 07:43
Link
Another K-S2 Vid, from someone (David Hancock) who'm I suspect during his review period with the Camera, sat it on the pillow next to him when he went to bed at night!
"WARNING" Gushing praise alert...
"WARNING" Gushing praise alert...
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 21/05/2015 - 07:53
Link
Where's the link Jules?
Posted 21/05/2015 - 08:51
Link
Posted 21/05/2015 - 11:30
Link
Mine hopefully will arrive next week. After a brief test drive in Jessops, I found it had more room for my thumb than on the Lumix G6 I'm trading in which is a great camera for small hands or tripod use. I was looking for a lighter, well, lighter than a gripped K5IIs, with an articulated viewing screen for every day use and the built in shake resistance, weather proofing and the fact I can use the lenses I have were the clincher for my choosing K-S2, of course the good reviews helped too. Will publish some pics as soon as
Posted 22/05/2015 - 17:13
Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
Mine hopefully will arrive next week. After a brief test drive in Jessops, I found it had more room for my thumb than on the Lumix G6 I'm trading in which is a great camera for small hands or tripod use. I was looking for a lighter, well, lighter than a gripped K5IIs, with an articulated viewing screen for every day use and the built in shake resistance, weather proofing and the fact I can use the lenses I have were the clincher for my choosing K-S2, of course the good reviews helped too. Will publish some pics as soon as
Did you get the summer Cashback too Stan? I know you bought from Jessops but I Just noticed there seems to have been £100 lopped off the price at SrS and with £40 cashback, you can now get one for just over £400, which is fantastic! Mine hopefully will arrive next week. After a brief test drive in Jessops, I found it had more room for my thumb than on the Lumix G6 I'm trading in which is a great camera for small hands or tripod use. I was looking for a lighter, well, lighter than a gripped K5IIs, with an articulated viewing screen for every day use and the built in shake resistance, weather proofing and the fact I can use the lenses I have were the clincher for my choosing K-S2, of course the good reviews helped too. Will publish some pics as soon as
One may be coming my way at the end of the summer, would be my dream compact camera coupled with a 40 Ltd, or the 40 XS for the madness of it.
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 22/05/2015 - 20:24
Link
jules wrote:
One may be coming my way at the end of the summer, would be my dream compact camera coupled with a 40 Ltd, or the 40 XS for the madness of it.
I only went to Jessops to "test drive " the camera as their store is closer to me than Watford and am buying it from SRS. As I am waiting for some part exchange items to be approved I should be getting, hopefully, the camera next week. The cashback is a nice bonus too so can put it in the lens bottle
tyronet2000 wrote:
Mine hopefully will arrive next week. After a brief test drive in Jessops, I found it had more room for my thumb than on the Lumix G6 I'm trading in which is a great camera for small hands or tripod use. I was looking for a lighter, well, lighter than a gripped K5IIs, with an articulated viewing screen for every day use and the built in shake resistance, weather proofing and the fact I can use the lenses I have were the clincher for my choosing K-S2, of course the good reviews helped too. Will publish some pics as soon as
Did you get the summer Cashback too Stan? I know you bought from Jessops but I Just noticed there seems to have been £100 lopped off the price at SrS and with £40 cashback, you can now get one for just over £400, which is fantastic! Mine hopefully will arrive next week. After a brief test drive in Jessops, I found it had more room for my thumb than on the Lumix G6 I'm trading in which is a great camera for small hands or tripod use. I was looking for a lighter, well, lighter than a gripped K5IIs, with an articulated viewing screen for every day use and the built in shake resistance, weather proofing and the fact I can use the lenses I have were the clincher for my choosing K-S2, of course the good reviews helped too. Will publish some pics as soon as
One may be coming my way at the end of the summer, would be my dream compact camera coupled with a 40 Ltd, or the 40 XS for the madness of it.
Posted 24/05/2015 - 12:48
Link
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 24/05/2015 - 14:08
Link
Watched part of the youtube video but the guy doing the narration sounded like he had problems in his larynx and it really started to grate. In the part I did watch he made the camera sound like a really good buy. hope it lives up to this and doesn't turn out to be a bye bye
Posted 27/05/2015 - 07:17
Link
I am also the owner of a K-S2 starting from yesterday.
An excellent camera (with a few minor ergonomic limitations) but there is a strange noise, a rustling when the shutter button is half-pressed.
I have not noticed this noise from K7 or K100Super, my previous Pentax DSLRs.
I may return the camera within 10 days. Is it a defect or so works K-S2?
Has anyone else heard this noise?
An excellent camera (with a few minor ergonomic limitations) but there is a strange noise, a rustling when the shutter button is half-pressed.
I have not noticed this noise from K7 or K100Super, my previous Pentax DSLRs.
I may return the camera within 10 days. Is it a defect or so works K-S2?
Has anyone else heard this noise?
Posted 27/05/2015 - 07:25
Link
Maybe the SR is activating on half-button press.
Posted 27/05/2015 - 10:24
Link
johnriley wrote:
A whisper from the AF and the SR system probably.
Fingers crossed mine will be here tomorrow. I'll have to ask Mrs Snap if she can hear those noises, I have the focus/timer "beep" quite loud on the K-5IIs. Any problems I'm sure SRS will be their usual helpful service.
A whisper from the AF and the SR system probably.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2342 posts
16 years
Storbritannia
He recommends it for sports shooters... Caveat-(Casual Sports Shooters)
He's a Canikon guy so the video is mostly about them but he really likes the little K-S2...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UVKYm4KSg
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com