Snowdonia meet

judderman62

Link Posted 07/03/2013 - 22:48
I probably could do with being home weekend of 6th and 7th so if date changes I could well be interested.

Mind you also have to mention that I am VERY, VERY unfit and overweight so if much walking involved it may not be for me anyway
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

Stuey

Link Posted 08/03/2013 - 20:51
Firstly sorry steve F, I meant to include you in my last post - my error

My idea with this is that we should make it as accessible as possible for anyone who wants to attend

I accept Davids obsrevation that we can't please everyone but I need a hand here folks to please as many as possible

Mike, don't worry regarding the unfit/ overweight thing I'm sure with a little thought all needs can be catered for - why miss out

Perhaps, we could run two meetings on separate days or weekends, perhaps one for those who wish for a more energetic experience and one for others who prefer to stay within sight of the car - if both were to be done on the same day I am happy to join either or on separate days happy to do both

There is so much in that area, far more then I know, Simonkit/ Andrew (Bwlchmawr) will have a far better knowledge than me - maybe in an advisoru capacity

As far as I am concerned this is not my thing so to speak I hope it is for everyone.

Does anyone know how to (if it can be done) add a poll to a post at this stage.

For example I wonder if for example another member would wish to lead/direct/hinder a group who want to reach a peak or two whilst I , or anyone else take a lower level car based route or vice versa

Come on guys speak up say what you would like and when and lets see what can be done
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link

DaveKitson

Link Posted 10/03/2013 - 12:56
I'm up for this, subject to date and absence of flu etc..

I know the area well, having rock-climbed the area for > 40years. The fingers and knees have put an end to that chapter of my life but I still enjoy walking in the area.

I always think there should be great images there, but I am afraid that my artistic skills are such that I have never succeeded in getting the results that I would like ( one reason that I am keen to see what other photographers make of situations).

I can't make 6th/7th April as I am in Cornwall from 6th to 12th (hoping for some good images) so I will watch this thread to see what emerges.

davek
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

simonkit

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 12:56
I'm still keeping an eye on this...unable to commit to a date as yet but might be able to once a firm date is set.

The great thing about Snowdonia is that many great views are accesible from easy locations...here are some of the easy ones which I'm sure would keep everyone happy for photography and allow everyone access...apologies for all the photos but as they say "a picture paints a thousand words":

Llynnau Mymbyr...right alongside Plas Y Brenin mountain centre and probably THE classic view of the Snowdon horseshoe, great for sunrise. Another stopping point further along the road with a closer view of Snowdon too

Llyn Gwynant..stunning reflection on calm days, parking right alongside the lake...great views all the way down the approach road from Capel Curig with plenty of easy stop-offs

Llyn Dinas...usually best towards the end of the day...parking right alongside..nice little waterfall if there's been recent rain

Llyn Crafnant...a little away from the others, accessed via a long lane from Trefriw..best in the morning, can get busy in good weather with boats though

Ogwen...there's the lake alongside the road (photo below) and within a short, moderate walk Devils Kitchen and Cwm Idwal

There's also Llanberis, although it does get very busy....these are probably the main, easily accessed places..all offering great photo opportunities

If you fancied a drive onto Anglesey about another dozen locations spring to mind

Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

Stuey

Link Posted 11/03/2013 - 21:45
Thanks Simon - points very well made

I am free most of the time at weekends or at least can make sure I am so the date is not so important for me

I'll go stick a pin in a calendar and put a date on here in the next day or so and see how that fits in with others

My Flickr site link

Stuey

Link Posted 13/03/2013 - 19:55
Ok boys, girls and undecided's

How does Saturday 20th April 2013 - 8 or 9am start/brew at either the Pinnacle Capel Curig or Pete's Eats in Llanberis

Anyone interested speak up and then we can work on what will suit the interested parties best

My Flickr site link

judderman62

Link Posted 13/03/2013 - 20:38
at this pint in time that date works for me and I've penciled it in to be confirmed
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

simonkit

Link Posted 13/03/2013 - 21:00
Definitely can't make the 20th April but let me know if you want any more ideas for locations etc

Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

judderman62

Link Posted 13/03/2013 - 21:14
at the mo april is clear for me so could make any sat or sun in april
- -
Mike

bychan

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 00:23
Stuey wrote:
Ok boys, girls and undecided's

How does Saturday 20th April 2013 - 8 or 9am start/brew at either the Pinnacle Capel Curig or Pete's Eats in Llanberis

Anyone interested speak up and then we can work on what will suit the interested parties best

Am I the most local forum member to these sites, makes me wonder
I'm free anytime Stuey, so a thumbs-up from me, count me in.

Regards
Adrian
K5IIs, Sigma 10-20, Pentax DA 16-85, Pentax DA 55-300, Pentax 70 Ltd, Metz 44 AF-2.
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambott/

DaveKitson

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 10:34
20th April looks OK for me....

davek
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

SteveF

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 11:05
I already have three events in the diary for that date unfortunately.

Hope you have good light.

droopsnoot

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 19:11
This sounds interesting (if open to strangers), but the chances of getting to Llanberis for 9am are pretty slim as I am way too idle to get up early enough. Would there be places to join in part-way through the day?
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror

Stuey

Link Posted 14/03/2013 - 22:40
Hello Glad to see some can make it and sorry for those who cannot/

Simon, whilst it is a shame you cannot make it on this occassion any advice or ideas you can put forward will be greatfully recieved.

All are welcome Mike - if you wish to join part way through I will PM you my mobile number to make life easier providing we have a signal - having said that nearer the time we shoud be able to give a reasonable idea of where to find us at certain times We may spend more time taking pics of your 70's Vauxhall by a Lake if that's what you show up in

Whilst we cant please everyone with any date let's push on with this and see if another meet pops up in ther future covering other areas

Cheers

Stu

My Flickr site link

droopsnoot

Link Posted 15/03/2013 - 10:40
Thanks Stu, I'll keep looking in here closer to the time.

I may well have something on the next day that puts paid to it, but either way I wasn't thinking of bringing the Vauxhall. I really do want some nice photos of it in nice locations, but it's a bit early in the season to trek it out into the hills as it's only on the road April-September and needs a bit of time to 'bed in' each year.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.